ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is CFA (CFAI, USA) equivalent to UK Masters?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cooltt_18

Is CFA (CFAI, USA) equivalent to UK Masters?

Post by cooltt_18 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi all,

I tried to find the answer to this question but i do not have any definite answer.

Searched the forum for similar question but found that someone had asked the same question in 2006 and had received no answer.

Have checked the NARIC databse link and its not in there either.

Can someone please help me with this question?

I thought of an assessment from NARIC but they require transcripts. Contacted the CFA institute but they said that they do not provide any transcripts.

Do you suggest i still go ahead and apply for a NARIC assessment?

Thank you!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Is CFA (CFAI, USA) equivalent to UK Masters?

Post by mvent00 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:02 pm

cooltt_18 wrote:Hi all,

I tried to find the answer to this question but i do not have any definite answer.

Searched the forum for similar question but found that someone had asked the same question in 2006 and had received no answer.

Have checked the NARIC databse link and its not in there either.

Can someone please help me with this question?

I thought of an assessment from NARIC but they require transcripts. Contacted the CFA institute but they said that they do not provide any transcripts.

Do you suggest i still go ahead and apply for a NARIC assessment?

Thank you!
Did you use the PBS calculator for the comparison of your qualification to UK´s masters degree? If your degree awards you points in this calculator, you do not need NARIC certificate.

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks ..yeah i did check the PBS calculator.. they do not list the CFA Institute.. i guess that should be the end game for me ..jus wanted to see if anyone with a CFA degree had applied for an assessment to NARIC or for the visa...