ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adoshi15
Newly Registered

Tier 1(General) Visa Approved

Post by adoshi15 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Application timelines for me. Tier 1(PSW) to Tier 1(General)

Visa expiry date: 23-Jan-2010
Application sent via Royal mail special delivery: 19-Nov-2009
Fee deducted :20th Nov 2009
Reference number received on 23-Nov-2009
Visa stamped: 14th Dec 2009
Stamped docs received: 15th Dec 2009

I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the wonderful people who with their invaluable advise ensured the success of my application.

Thank you all.

Also wish good luck to everybody who is applying or making an application.

:D

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Hi, Can you all help please

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:26 pm

deveshm wrote:Hi,

I want to know if there has been any Chartered accountant from India who has applied for HSMP Tier 1 visa in last 6-7 months. If yes, has the application been successful and what is the time taken? Folks, in my case i have applied through an OISC consultant who is not at all helpful and is now telling me to write to my Local MP in London to seek his intervention on compassionate grounds. I am totally short of ideas. Request your guidance please!!!

My case has been a sorry tale. I had applied for HSMP visa for self and dependent visa for my wife and kid within UK. I am a Chartered Accountant from India and had a work experience of 6 years 11 months at the time of making application. In UK, my work experience has been of total 20 months at the date of application. My previous visa was work permit sponsored by my employer. I had applied on June 1, 2009 and since then it's been a long ordeal of wait. Between money was debited from my a/c in last week of June. Further my kid's recent photo was asked for in first week of July. My OISC consultant assured me that it means that my application is successful and the reason that they have asked for recent photo of my son is to scan and put it in visa. That was 10th July and since then it's been an endless wait to get back passports. I have consistently tried to approach my consultant as well as home office for update and they have stuck to 1 line "THE APPLICANT IS BEING SELECTED FOR EXTENDED CHECKS". Between i moved house and every utility/medical service required passport for identification as i do not have a UK driving license. When i literally begged Home office for mercy, they issued a letter to concerned authorities that my passport is held by Home office for visa purposes. While this atleast confirmed that my passport is not lost, I am clueless as to when is this ordeal going to end and what do I need to do. Please help with your or some known person's experience. :cry:
You should not complain from your agent as things are not in his hands. He has done his job and its up to UKBA to reply your application. Its not upto your agent to assess your application.

Yes, I have seen such situations where UKBA keeps the application for as long as 9 months or longer for no apparent reason.

Can I ask you what evidence did you submitt with your application? Just want to check what is the need of extended checks by UKBA.

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 am

Master_Blaster wrote:Current Processing time from update from UKBA sit:.

During the week commencing 21 December 2009 we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 1 December 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.
Thats us then master. Hold your breath.
Third World Traveller

sandeepvk
Newly Registered

approval

Post by sandeepvk » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi All,

I got my Visa approval today (HSMP to Tier 1 extension) . I have been a silent reader of this forum. My timeline is below
Current visa expires: Jan 02, 2010
Date Applied/Docs sent: November 16
Date Docs reached HO: November 17
Date Payment Deducted: November 19
Acknowledgement letter: November 23
Date Approved: December 11
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: December 19

Result & VISA stamped: Approved, new expiry Jan 02, 2013

I had not kept the self addressed envelope. So the documents came through signed for post. It was a nightmare waiting for this as my application had some issues. I am a contractor operating through a limited company. During the initial months of company formation, I had withdrawn Salary and Dividends as 2 or 3 payments each month. In one month I took more salary than what my accountant calculated. This was reduced from the dividend taken. My payslips and dividend vouchers show only one amount for each month. Everything was a real mess. I explained this in the covering letter in tabular form. Added my comments to each payment and made it clear. I think this helped as otherwise the caseworker would have been really confused. I would be glad to help anyone who is in a similar situation. Please send me a message if you need help as I wouldn't be visiting the forumn everyday.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

vks

Re: approval

Post by vks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:50 pm

sandeepvk wrote:Hi All,

I got my Visa approval today (HSMP to Tier 1 extension) . I have been a silent reader of this forum. My timeline is below
Current visa expires: Jan 02, 2010
Date Applied/Docs sent: November 16
Date Docs reached HO: November 17
Date Payment Deducted: November 19
Acknowledgement letter: November 23
Date Approved: December 11
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: December 19

Result & VISA stamped: Approved, new expiry Jan 02, 2013

I had not kept the self addressed envelope. So the documents came through signed for post. It was a nightmare waiting for this as my application had some issues. I am a contractor operating through a limited company. During the initial months of company formation, I had withdrawn Salary and Dividends as 2 or 3 payments each month. In one month I took more salary than what my accountant calculated. This was reduced from the dividend taken. My payslips and dividend vouchers show only one amount for each month. Everything was a real mess. I explained this in the covering letter in tabular form. Added my comments to each payment and made it clear. I think this helped as otherwise the caseworker would have been really confused. I would be glad to help anyone who is in a similar situation. Please send me a message if you need help as I wouldn't be visiting the forumn everyday.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.
Congratulations!

This forum would benefit, if it is public.
Regards,
vks

sandeepvk
Newly Registered

Re: approval

Post by sandeepvk » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:52 pm

vks wrote:
Congratulations!

This forum would benefit, if it is public.
Sure, I am ready to help anyone who is in a similar situation as I was. All I need is a notification through PM. I will reply on the forum so that others can benefit.

deveshm
Newly Registered

Post by deveshm » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Rizwan,

i had submitted the documents suggested by OISC UK.
INCOME & MAINTENANCE PROOF AS BELOW:
12 months pay slips
all bank account statements
term deposit receipts in UK

ALL OTHER EDUCATIONAL PROOF IN ORIGINAL AS WELL AS PASSPORTS AND OTHER FORM OF ID PROOF

Can you guys atleast think of 1 parallel proof.

rizwan567 wrote:

I want to know if there has been any Chartered accountant from India who has applied for HSMP Tier 1 visa in last 6-7 months. If yes, has the application been successful and what is the time taken? Folks, in my case i have applied through an OISC consultant who is not at all helpful and is now telling me to write to my Local MP in London to seek his intervention on compassionate grounds. I am totally short of ideas. Request your guidance please!!!

My case has been a sorry tale. I had applied for HSMP visa for self and dependent visa for my wife and kid within UK. I am a Chartered Accountant from India and had a work experience of 6 years 11 months at the time of making application. In UK, my work experience has been of total 20 months at the date of application. My previous visa was work permit sponsored by my employer. I had applied on June 1, 2009 and since then it's been a long ordeal of wait. Between money was debited from my a/c in last week of June. Further my kid's recent photo was asked for in first week of July. My OISC consultant assured me that it means that my application is successful and the reason that they have asked for recent photo of my son is to scan and put it in visa. That was 10th July and since then it's been an endless wait to get back passports. I have consistently tried to approach my consultant as well as home office for update and they have stuck to 1 line "THE APPLICANT IS BEING SELECTED FOR EXTENDED CHECKS". Between i moved house and every utility/medical service required passport for identification as i do not have a UK driving license. When i literally begged Home office for mercy, they issued a letter to concerned authorities that my passport is held by Home office for visa purposes. While this atleast confirmed that my passport is not lost, I am clueless as to when is this ordeal going to end and what do I need to do. Please help with your or some known person's experience. :cry:
You should not complain from your agent as things are not in his hands. He has done his job and its up to UKBA to reply your application. Its not upto your agent to assess your application.

Yes, I have seen such situations where UKBA keeps the application for as long as 9 months or longer for no apparent reason.

Can I ask you what evidence did you submitt with your application? Just want to check what is the need of extended checks by UKBA.

deveshm
Newly Registered

Post by deveshm » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 pm

hi rizwan,

i meant is there any parallel case that you know.
deveshm wrote:Hi Rizwan,

i had submitted the documents suggested by OISC UK.
INCOME & MAINTENANCE PROOF AS BELOW:
12 months pay slips
all bank account statements
term deposit receipts in UK

ALL OTHER EDUCATIONAL PROOF IN ORIGINAL AS WELL AS PASSPORTS AND OTHER FORM OF ID PROOF

Can you guys atleast think of 1 parallel proof.

rizwan567 wrote:

T-R1EX
Newly Registered

HSMP to Tier 1 extension

Post by T-R1EX » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi Guys
I have been an observer of this forum for the last month since I stumbled upon it accidentally.
I'm waiting for passports like many of you (main + dependents)
Docs sent : 19.11.2009
HO received : 20.11.2009
Ack.Letter : 23.11.2009
Phone form HO for new photos and statements : 10.12.2009
addl. documents sent : 11.12.2009
HO received : 14.12.2009 (weekend in between )
Now, waiting and twiddling my thumbs ?!?! very anxiously
Hope things get sorted soon.
Thank you to all the informative people out there.
[/b]

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:51 am

To those who's playing the waiting game(like me),
I would only say allow 2-3 more days for the snow mess.
It will definitely slow down the activity at the HO, and it will slow down the royal mail delivery system.
Third World Traveller

chennaibabu

Post by chennaibabu » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:35 am

HSMP_maybe wrote:To those who's playing the waiting game(like me),
I would only say allow 2-3 more days for the snow mess.
It will definitely slow down the activity at the HO, and it will slow down the royal mail delivery system.

hmmm.... worth taking into consideration.

suhailmkoya
Newly Registered

Post by suhailmkoya » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:11 pm

Salaam everyone I am waiting for the initial approvel

Send Docs on 14.11.09
Akmnt:Letter recvd on 23.11.09(payment through cheque)
Waiting ever since , lost the job mean while coz of the visa ,i contacted the homeoffice they said i can work(send an email) but the employer(AIRBUS UK)dont want me there with out an ID on me or Visa ,now things are getting bad,juts letting everyone else waiting for the visa know that,things can go even bad than just waiting so be happy,everything will turn out ok..

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:37 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Tier1_General wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
Tier1_General wrote:Guys,

Getting impatient now, tough to wait for VISA and passport...... Also, its been 35 days and didnt even receive any call from HO. Is there any ways i can chase them and ask them the current situation??? Need help on this.

Normally, if they need to cross check application..... how long they take to call applicant....

Many Thanks,
As it is just 5weeks since you applied.. dont panic and keep cool n wait.. thats the only thing you can at this point as long as your case is straight forward n u provided all the required docs n proofs there is nothing to worry.. every body has gone through this.. and this will also pass...
Thanks Ramesh, But just wanna know if you came across similar kind of case before - As my Current WP is valid till Sep - 2013 and if they grant me VISA it will be for 3 years, which is considering Dec approval should be Dec - 2012??? Are they getting confused with my current VISA.

As mentioned before i had WP transfered to one of the UK Company. and they approved me for 5 years.

Thanks a lot for your help.
No, this is not an issue for the delay.. i think with Xmas nearing.. they might want to clear the backlogs first;

But for sure it is not an issue..

If you see the link below.. there are few APPROVALS that came yesterday.. so they are slowly releasing cases one by one..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 713#318713
Hi Ramesh,

I Haven't heard anything from them yet..... holding breath..... I'm not sure if they need any additional documents.... tried calling them.. but no joy... they said, they cant give any update until its 14 weeks older.... Guys getting bit worried...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Tier1_General wrote:Hi Ramesh,

I Haven't heard anything from them yet..... holding breath..... I'm not sure if they need any additional documents.... tried calling them.. but no joy... they said, they cant give any update until its 14 weeks older.... Guys getting bit worried...
Dear Tier1_G..

I think you shd not be worried or panic as of now.. since the holiday season is nearing.. the speed of processing will be very slow and dont expect anything fast to happen till next year.. so just chill out and enjoy Christmas and New Year..

If HO requires any docs or change of photos etc.. they will contact you (recently they have been doing this..); so dont worry and keep your cool mate..

chennaibabu

Post by chennaibabu » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:36 pm

suhailmkoya wrote:Salaam everyone I am waiting for the initial approvel

Send Docs on 14.11.09
Akmnt:Letter recvd on 23.11.09(payment through cheque)
Waiting ever since , lost the job mean while coz of the visa ,i contacted the homeoffice they said i can work(send an email) but the employer(AIRBUS UK)dont want me there with out an ID on me or Visa ,now things are getting bad,juts letting everyone else waiting for the visa know that,things can go even bad than just waiting so be happy,everything will turn out ok..
sorry about your case. going by other cases, you should be getting your visa anytime soon.

But I am wondering why you had to wait till the lastminute to apply for the VISA...??

mind it... its none of my business... so dont answer if you dont like to.

suhailmkoya
Newly Registered

Post by suhailmkoya » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Salamm brother since you asked ,i dont mind to tell you, i used to work for a firm for 2 years (on PSW) was a great job ,in march 2009 my father had a major heart attack and i went home and quit the job , and as you all know , healthcare in india is really expensive,and spend alot of money on him,all praise to allah he is ok now so i came back with limited money i find an accomadation and started to look for some jobs,due to my immediate resignation my former employers were not much happy and ,we had some issues then i didnt wanted to go back to them at all as they coudnt empthise with my situvation,then i dint had much money to apply ,so i was trying to find some job ,at the end i found one then applied so thats my story ,given a chance i would have applied earlier but some things are out of your countrol ,but all you can do is fight, and even i am in much worst situvation than any other time,i am sure something good will come through, and to all the people who waits for things to come through,thanx for reading

chennaibabu

Post by chennaibabu » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:50 pm

suhailmkoya wrote:Salamm brother since you asked ,i dont mind to tell you, i used to work for a firm for 2 years (on PSW) was a great job ,in march 2009 my father had a major heart attack and i went home and quit the job , and as you all know , healthcare in india is really expensive,and spend alot of money on him,all praise to allah he is ok now so i came back with limited money i find an accomadation and started to look for some jobs,due to my immediate resignation my former employers were not much happy and ,we had some issues then i didnt wanted to go back to them at all as they coudnt empthise with my situvation,then i dint had much money to apply ,so i was trying to find some job ,at the end i found one then applied so thats my story ,given a chance i would have applied earlier but some things are out of your countrol ,but all you can do is fight, and even i am in much worst situvation than any other time,i am sure something good will come through, and to all the people who waits for things to come through,thanx for reading
glad that you put a brave fight. Good luck to you and take care.

deveshm
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by deveshm » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi, spoke to home office yesterday and they suggested sending a fax for why do i need visa urgently(as if 6.5 mths of cruelty is not enough). i have sent the fax highlighting the fact if do not travel for business soon..i will lose my job..dunno wat is in store for me.

ramana123
Newly Registered

status on vfs

Post by ramana123 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:45 am

Hi,

I have submitted documents for tier1 general at vfs hyderabad on 16th december 2009,
The status of the application on http://vfs-uk-in.com is "image scanning complete on",

What it means?, could you please help..

suhailmkoya
Newly Registered

Post by suhailmkoya » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey Daveshm let us now wht happend cheers

risingsun
Newly Registered

Applied from Pune, got tier 1 stamped on 24th

Post by risingsun » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi All,

After extensively reading posts in this forum, I applied from Pune.

Following are my timelines

11th Dec, 09: Applied in person at VFS Pune. (went there directly w/o appointment)

11th Dec, 09 : status shows like "Image Scaning completed on..." (something like that....)

12th Dec, 09 : Status shows like "Visa Application has been forwarded to BHC Bombay"

12th Dec, 09 : I realized making a small mistake in covering letter and I sent my clarification letter to BHC Bombay via BlueDart Priority.

23rd Dec, 09 : "processed application sent through BlueDart"

24th Dec, 09: Got the documents and Passport with Tier 1 Stamped WEF 01/03/2010

All the best to those who applied and going to apply.

P.S. Will post my detailed experiances soon as a separate topic.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 am

Got my approval by post a few minutes ago.

Current visa expires: Jan xx, 2010
Date Applied/Docs sent: November 30
Date Docs reached HO: December 1
Date Payment Deducted: December 1
Acknowledgement letter: December 3
Date Approved: December 22
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: December 28

Result & VISA stamped: Approved, new expiry Jan xx, 2013

Thanks everyone.

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:22 pm

Master_Blaster wrote:Got my approval by post a few minutes ago.

Thanks everyone.
Congrats, Master, its only me now (unless Chennaibabu is also waiting).
Third World Traveller

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:06 pm

HSMP_maybe wrote:

Thanks everyone.
Congrats, Master, its only me now (unless Chennaibabu is also waiting).

Contratulations Masters.....I am also waiting for my approval... hope to receive it soon....:) have a great year ahead....

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Thanks everyone.
Congrats MB... Good stuff.. Enjoy the moment..