ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accidently accessed public funds: Tier 1 Visa approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mk_lost
Newly Registered

Accidently accessed public funds: Tier 1 Visa approved

Post by mk_lost » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi, not sure if you recall but i had posted on this board couple months ago. My Visa was expiring Mid November. I started the application process Mid September when I found out I had inadvertently accessed child benefit and tax credit. I panicked and also started a post on this valuable board. Got good advise from everyone. Also took advise from a local lawyer [xxxxx Edited by Moderator] and together, I am very happy and extremely relieved to say I got my approval letter today.
basically, I first contacted HMRC which was the most tedious job I had to undertake in my life. Just 2 days before my visa expiration, mid november I finally managed to pay off all of the funds that I took. However, they did not give me the receipt. Because I was running late for my application, I just went ahead and applied. I explained in detail the whole process and provided as much proof I could about repaying the funds back i.e. bank statement. I wrote how I never 'needed' he funds and I did not lie about my status whilst applying.
Anyhoo, last week got a call from the case worker who asked me to provide the original receipt within 3 business days. With great difficulty I could do that with the help of complaints department at the HMRC and finally I got my approval through today!
Thanks to this board for all the support and ofcourse the lawyer who helpd me (hourly basis)

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Accidently accessed public funds: Tier 1 Visa approved

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:46 pm

mk_lost wrote:Hi, not sure if you recall but i had posted on this board couple months ago. My Visa was expiring Mid November. I started the application process Mid September when I found out I had inadvertently accessed child benefit and tax credit. I panicked and also started a post on this valuable board. Got good advise from everyone. Also took advise from a local lawyer [xxxxx Edited by Moderator] and together, I am very happy and extremely relieved to say I got my approval letter today.
basically, I first contacted HMRC which was the most tedious job I had to undertake in my life. Just 2 days before my visa expiration, mid november I finally managed to pay off all of the funds that I took. However, they did not give me the receipt. Because I was running late for my application, I just went ahead and applied. I explained in detail the whole process and provided as much proof I could about repaying the funds back i.e. bank statement. I wrote how I never 'needed' he funds and I did not lie about my status whilst applying.
Anyhoo, last week got a call from the case worker who asked me to provide the original receipt within 3 business days. With great difficulty I could do that with the help of complaints department at the HMRC and finally I got my approval through today!
Thanks to this board for all the support and ofcourse the lawyer who helpd me (hourly basis)

Satyamev Vijayat- Truth always wins

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:23 am

Congratulations