ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Funds - Bank Letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

js1000
Newly Registered

Proof of Funds - Bank Letter

Post by js1000 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:31 pm

My girlfriend applied for a Tier 4 student visa from within the UK today and I'm having doubts about the letter she sent as proof of funds... As she's applying within the UK, she only has to show proof on the day of the application and not for 28 days.

She has a joint account with me and as proof of funds, she sent a letter from the bank, named and addressed to us both, stating that the account has £6,200 available on today's date (the date of application).

The bank also printed out an electronic statement which covers 28 days and has all the account details, but not our names or addresses.

The bank stamped both pieces of paper.

Would these documents together be sufficient as proof of funds? I'm worried because the electronic statement doesn't have her name or address even though the letter does.

What do you think?

sorcer
Newly Registered

Post by sorcer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:33 pm

It depends on what did she write in the application. Definitely this is not the best situation but you should keep your fingers crossed!

Did she pay tuition fees?

uklatino
Newly Registered

Post by uklatino » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 pm

I applied with a joint account I hold with my bf in the US. My university fees were already pre-paid and I had a letter from the Uni confirming that. I got a letter from the bank in the US confirming that it was a joint account, that I had access to the funds and that I had sufficient funds (and stated the actual amount) and that it had been held for at least 28 days. My visa was approved, fyi.

uklatino
Newly Registered

Post by uklatino » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:26 pm

And by the way, I applied from within the UK and was under the impression that regardless of your location, you have to show 28 days continuous funds. I thought that the funds held on the same day letter was only applicable if you applied before October 1st. You should really get help from a professional asap so that you can remedy anything that may be wrong.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:38 pm

uklatino wrote:And by the way, I applied from within the UK and was under the impression that regardless of your location, you have to show 28 days continuous funds. I thought that the funds held on the same day letter was only applicable if you applied before October 1st. You should really get help from a professional asap so that you can remedy anything that may be wrong.
From February 2010 u will have to show continuous funds available for 28 days.
But beofore this date u only have to show funds on the date u apply for visa.

marahman3001
BANNED

Post by marahman3001 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 am

A tier 4 student (applying from within the UK) for his extension. Can he show the some funds in the bank accounts of India and remaining funds in UK bank account?
eg: he has to show £12,000 for 28 days.
can he show £5000 in Indian bank account and remaining in UK bank account?
thanks