ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa rejected...please advise on what next!!!!!! :-(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pvattorney
Newly Registered

Spouse visa rejected...please advise on what next!!!!!! :-(

Post by pvattorney » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:32 am

I had married my husband in a civil registered marriage in November 2009 and applied for a settlement visa from India. My husband who is a UK citizen travelled to India for our marriage in November and was in India until December 4, 2009. I had attached thye original marriage certificate with my visa application. The marriage certificate clearly states that the marriage was solemnised in November 2009 in Delhi, India. However a month later I get a visa refusal notice stating that there is no proof that my husband was in India at the time of the marriage and that we have never met. That is why my visa was rejected. I dont know how the Entry Clearance Officer has made this decision even after looking at the marriage certificate.

Now I need advise on whether to re-apply or go in for appeal. How long does the appeal process usually take? In how many months do we come to know whether the Entry Clearance Manager has overturn the earlier decision and granted the visa??? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

As additional documentation with my appeal I am thinking of sending my husband's passport copies showing stamps on when he entered India in November and when he left for UK in dec. Also we had a reception party and clicked lots of pictures. Are these documents sufficient proof that my husband was in India at the time of marriage and that I have met my husband???? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks soooo much

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:59 am

As additional documentation with my appeal I am thinking of sending my husband's passport copies showing stamps on when he entered India in November and when he left for UK in dec. Also we had a reception party and clicked lots of pictures. Are these documents sufficient proof that my husband was in India at the time of marriage and that I have met my husband???? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had you done this in the first place you wouldnt have had the problem that you are experiencing now.

You have now to send the AIT2 form and refusal notice with the above, the ECM might change his mind and give visa.

If not reapply again sending above ( if you dont want to wait that long)

pvattorney
Newly Registered

Post by pvattorney » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:23 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Had you done this in the first place you wouldnt have had the problem that you are experiencing now.

You have now to send the AIT2 form and refusal notice with the above, the ECM might change his mind and give visa.

If not reapply again sending above ( if you dont want to wait that long)
Hi! Thanks so much! That really helped...I am actually thinkin of re-applying again. Any idea how long does the whole appeal process take?