ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Air Hostess

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theeta
Newly Registered

Air Hostess

Post by theeta » Thu May 20, 2004 11:19 pm

I have 10 years experience as Air Hostess and a 02 Year Bachelor degree. Questions:
1. Will my Air Hostess Experience be considered as Bachelor Level Experience. My employer specifies it as a graduate level job.
2. Will my BA (02 Yrs) be considered as equivalent of a UK Bachelors

Anybody Out there?

Shankar_24
Newly Registered

Post by Shankar_24 » Fri May 21, 2004 11:43 am

I have 10 years experience as Air Hostess and a 02 Year Bachelor degree.

Questions:
1. Will my Air Hostess Experience be considered as Bachelor Level Experience. My employer specifies it as a graduate level job.

Ans: Assuming you have Degree certificate and work experience certificates such as offer letter which specifies your job is as graduate level job, I think Air Hostess experience will be considered. By the way, Are you an Air Hostess now?

2. Will my BA (02 Yrs) be considered as equivalent of a UK Bachelors

Ans: I didn't get his one. Bachelor's degree is suppose to be three years as of U.K standards. Does your BA certificate says Bachelor's Degree? In what field? Make sure because you know how honest you are than anyone.

theeta
Newly Registered

Post by theeta » Fri May 21, 2004 8:41 pm

My Bachelors was a two year program and it is in Political Science. No, Now I am assistant Manager Customer Support with a Telecom Company.

Shankar_24
Newly Registered

Post by Shankar_24 » Sat May 22, 2004 7:49 am

My Bachelors was a two year program and it is in Political Science. No, Now I am assistant Manager Customer Support with a Telecom Company.

Ans: You can apply for HSMP, If you have the following:

1) Bachelors Degree or Above Educational qualification
2) Work Experience certificates such as Offer letter, Experience letter, Promotions letter, any other document which supports your work experience
3) I don't know in which country you live and how much you earn. There are points available for certain amount of income that you get as salary.

As I assume you are eligible to apply. I would suggest that you can surf the net and read more about HSMP related web pages and www.immigrationboards.com. You will get fair idaes How HSMP works.

theeta
Newly Registered

Post by theeta » Sat May 22, 2004 8:44 pm

Thanks Uma
I will surf the sites you have suggested.
By the way I live in Pakistan and I am a Pakistani. I am working with Pakistan International Airlines

Star
Newly Registered

education

Post by Star » Sat May 22, 2004 9:24 pm

Hi I am Star and also from Pakistan
U must have the following documents b4 applying
1) Educational
2) Work Experience (All the supporting documents u ve)
3)Partner's achievements (If u ve any)
4) If u r applyin under 28 you must supply Birth Certificate English and Urdu notarized copies, passport copy, NIC
5)If u r claiming points for Salary then Salary slips for the last 12 months and incom tax returns for the last year and also a bank statement

Shankar_24
Newly Registered

Post by Shankar_24 » Mon May 24, 2004 5:59 am

Being an Indian, I am more happy to know that I have helped a Pakistani. It doesn't matter whether we are Indians or Pakistanis. It does matter to remain as helpful humans to make our lives better and provide confident future for our generations to come.

You can also also surf the following websites:

www.still-unclear.co.uk
www.immigrationexpert.com
www.www.ukworking.com
www.workpermit.com
www.hsmp-services.co.uk
www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk
www.ukimmigration.com
www.ukvisas.gov.uk
www.migrationexpert.com
www.relo-uk.com
www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

There are many websites in the net. It will take lot of time to read. I have spent about two months in reading it all. Now I have prepared a book on HSMP titled " A Guide to U.K's Highly Skilled Migrant Visa" to help my friends and others. Applying through an agent costs more money and I don't feel there is any difference in applying by self. Because, I know better about my application than an agent. I have appled two months back. But, I am collecting and keeping in touch with what's going on in HSMP. Take care. Good luck.