ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Approval refund!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bazzyboi
Newly Registered

Certificate of Approval refund!

Post by bazzyboi » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi, I applied for my certificate of approval refund nearly 4 months ago & only received a reply after 3 months saying we have received your request for a refund & will be in touch as soon as a decision is reached................... Does anyone know how long it takes & if anyone actually did get a refund?

Thanks for all your help!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Certificate of Approval refund!

Post by Rozen » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:56 pm

bazzyboi wrote:Hi, I applied for my certificate of approval refund nearly 4 months ago & only received a reply after 3 months saying we have received your request for a refund & will be in touch as soon as a decision is reached................... Does anyone know how long it takes & if anyone actually did get a refund?

Thanks for all your help!
You'll be the first I've heard of! :shock:

flyhoney
Newly Registered

Post by flyhoney » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:18 pm

thinking about applying, but havent yet. don't meet their financial hardship criteria, but did compain about the fee even during our COA processing as they failed to give it within promised 16 (or was it 14?) weeks. either way, would love to hear if you get it!

keep us all updated

junkymotown
Newly Registered

Post by junkymotown » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 pm

My wife and I applied for a refund... and after 2.5 months of hearing nothing (and being told nothing over the phone and having my emails and faxes ignored), I contacted the Home Secretary, Shadow Home Secretary and my MP. Home Secretary forwarded my letter to the UKBA, and also had an email from my MP's caseworker yesterday (3.5 months after submitting the application) saying the Home Office have made a decision, and my documents have been sent by recorded post...

Home Office wouldn't tell me over the phone what the decision was, but as soon as get the letter, I'll let you know!

It's been a farcical affair on the whole...

But try it! Any chance of a refund if worth pursuing (especially as we have to pay £1020 for an indefinite leave visa in June! <no way I'm posting it - we'll do it in person...>)

junkymotown
Newly Registered

Post by junkymotown » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:31 am

Refund was rejected due to my wife being on a student visa at the time - therefore she was, by default, self-sufficient and could afford the fee.

So, who will get a refund? Workers and students must be self-sufficient, so they wont qualify. Who will?!

We more than met the financial hardship criteria, but this appears to have been ignored. And there's no details of how to appeal.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 am

junkymotown wrote: So, who will get a refund? Workers and students must be self-sufficient, so they wont qualify. Who will?!
NOBODY! They made sure of that by putting the 'proof of financial hardship' requirement! That's why I never even bothered to try and get mine back! :roll:

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Yeah sorry junkymotown but that was their point, to make it virtually impossible to get a refund.
I tell it like it is.