ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings points for full time job + 20 hrs pw part time job

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

call2bala

Earnings points for full time job + 20 hrs pw part time job

Post by call2bala » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Dear Folks,

I am in need of some help from the senior/expert members. I hope some one will guide me.

In order to switch from WP to Tier 1 , my friend needs £ 28000 per annum.
His earning would be £25000 (from Full time job which is 35 hrs per week) and from second job £ 3000 (part time - 20 hrs pw ).

I have a question regarding the calculation of points for his earnings inside UK for a Full time permanent job - 35 hrs pw + Part time - 20 hrs pw. = 55 hrs pw.

Question 1- Can he claim points for earning £28,000 from his total of 55 hrs per week?
Q2: Are (Home off))they going to calculate his full earnings only for 40 hrs per week instead of 55 hrs per week?

Thanks inadvance for the reply

Regards
call2bala

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Earnings points for full time job + 20 hrs pw part time

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:00 pm

call2bala wrote:Dear Folks,

I am in need of some help from the senior/expert members. I hope some one will guide me.

His earning would be £25000 (from Full time job which is 35 hrs per week) and from second job £ 3000 (part time - 20 hrs pw ).

I have a question regarding the calculation of points for his earnings inside UK for a Full time permanent job - 35 hrs pw + Part time - 20 hrs pw. = 55 hrs pw.

Question 1- Can he claim points for earning £28,000 from his total of 55 hrs per week?
Q2: Are (Home off))they going to calculate his full earnings only for 40 hrs per week instead of 55 hrs per week?

Regards
call2bala
IF job is legal than any one can work as many hours - no one has any issue specially- HO
Last edited by Sushil-ACCA on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vks

Post by vks » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:

Regards
call2bala
IF job isn't illegal than any one can work as many hours - no one has any issue specially- HO
Also one should ensure that the part time job is not a conflict of interest to the primary employer
Regards,
vks

call2bala

Post by call2bala » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Ya! its legal only.
we thought Home office will calculate the total earnings for only 40 hrs per week though the total no. of hrs is 55 hours.

Cheers
call2bala

vks wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

Regards
call2bala
IF job isn't illegal than any one can work as many hours - no one has any issue specially- HO
Also one should ensure that the part time job is not a conflict of interest to the primary employer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:24 pm

vks wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

Regards
call2bala
thats not for HO to worry about
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:03 am

Regards
call2bala
Claiming points – extension applications only
148. An applicant can claim a maximum of five points if he/she has scored points for previous earnings and those earnings were made in the United Kingdom.

149. We will only award points for United Kingdom earnings if the applicant’s immigration status in the United Kingdom legally entitled him/her to be in the United Kingdom and work here throughout the period during which the earnings were made.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf page 28 of 44.