ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is EC required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail akhter

is EC required?

Post by sohail akhter » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:57 am

My brother did M.Sc from UK. He got admission in Ph.D there and got visa extension up to june 2007. But he didn't do Ph.D and came back to Pakistan in Nov 2004. (13 months before). He applied for HSMP as out of the country applicant and got HSMP letter today.

Now the question is;
Will he have to apply for HSMP visa from Paksitan? OR
Can he go to UK and switch over from student visa to HSMP visa?

Thanks
Sohail

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:22 am

I think the answer is as follows, but if anyone thinks this is wrong, do please post.

Clearly he has stopped studying. The stamps in the passport will show that. Accordingly I really don't think he can use the student visa to re-enter the UK. Therefore I think he must apply for his HSMP EC in Pakistan.

Also it will be distinctly cheaper if the application is made in Pakistan rather than in the UK.
John

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:38 pm

I agree with John. The application should be made from Pakistan. Not only would it be the right way to go about it, it would be cheaper and simpler. He has also travelled to the UK before and may not have to attend an EC interview but that would depend on the BHC in different countries.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:29 am

Thanks friends for your valuable suggestions!!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:38 pm

sohail,

concur with the other mods. Your first proposed method (student visa re-entry) is fraudelent and your brother will be correctly deemed an illegal entrant. Get HSMP EC.