ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise on applying PSW from outside the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dochas

Please advise on applying PSW from outside the UK

Post by dochas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:08 am

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping to apply PSW with a degree BSc in Applied Accounting awarded by Oxford Brookes University, which you could obtain after the completion of the Fundamental level of ACCA and a success of research report assessed by OBU.

My question is that whether you have to be in the UK at the date of the award given by Oxford Brookes (this time will be on the 31st March 2010) to be eligible for applying PSW. Another question is whether you can apply PSW without completing the Professional level of ACCA as long as if s/he obtained the degree.

I submitted my research report in November 2009 and am waiting the result which will be out in March 2010. However, before that I have to go back to my home country at the end of February 2010 as my student visa will run out, and I haven't got enough funds to extend it. Thus, unable to continue my study for ACCA. I'm hoping to apply for PSW from my home country if I obtained the degree in March. Whilst I wait I can prepare for the maintenace requirement of PSW.

I very much appreciate if anyone could advise on my questions.

dochas

Post by dochas » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi. Can anyone help me on these? I really need good advice before I leave the UK.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:44 pm

In my opinion you should extend your visa as student until you pass and awarded the degree. In any case, you can not apply for PSW before the result is out and the university awarded you the degree. In case you couldn't get the certificate, you can ask for a letter from the university confirming that you have been awarded the degree. The bottom line, keep the maintenance fund (at least ??2800 for at least three months) and fingers crossed that you pass and get the degree. You should apply within a year from getting the award. Good luck
________
Witchcraft advice
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

dochas

Post by dochas » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi Jack_Hammer, Thank you very much for your reply. Could you please tell me if your opinion that I should extend my student visa until I pass and awared the degree is based on someone's experience, something you have heard, or simplely your own opinion? I agree that I should and wish I could extend my student visa.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:31 pm

No, it is pure personal opinion.. If you can guarantee that all your papers will be in order and you get the award... Go ahead and apply from outside. Myself I had to leave the UK back in May and apply from home because of the maintenance fund. I did apply after three months and got my PSW in one working day. However, I have done all my best to provide all they needed.

Another point, if you are after Indefinate Leave to Remain (after 10 years) going home and applying form there will reset the counter to zero. At the end of the day it is your choice.

Assuming you want to apply from outside, please refer to this link and read it carefully:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tstudywork
________
Weed vaporizers
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

dochas

Post by dochas » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:30 am

Hi Jack_Hammer. Thanks for your quick reply. I guess you had worked hard to get PSW and congratulations on your success in getting it. I will read the link carefully and try to prepare all necessary documents before I have to leave. Hopefully, I will get both the degree and PSW. I know it will be reset but if I don't have choice, just have to go back and apply from my home country. Thank you and best wishes.