ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer asking for proof of psw application or visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xecutioner9
Newly Registered

Employer asking for proof of psw application or visa

Post by xecutioner9 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:40 am

Hi there

I have applied for PSW on 22 december, my visa is running out on 3rd january. My employer is asking for a proof(acknowledgement letter from HO) or visa to continue working otherwise they will sack me on 3rd January. Now because of xmas holidays I am not expecting any acknowledgement before 2nd week of January. Any idea how can I deal my employer in order to continue working.
Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Employer asking for proof of psw application or visa

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:04 am

xecutioner9 wrote:Hi there

I have applied for PSW on 22 december, my visa is running out on 3rd january. My employer is asking for a proof(acknowledgement letter from HO) or visa to continue working otherwise they will sack me on 3rd January. Now because of xmas holidays I am not expecting any acknowledgement before 2nd week of January. Any idea how can I deal my employer in order to continue working.
Regards
Did you take a photocopy of ur app before posting it?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

xecutioner9
Newly Registered

Post by xecutioner9 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:04 pm

@ wanderer

no i didnt .. what else i can do .. and how long it will take .. approximately any idea?

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:07 am

HO should send you a confirmation letter for receiving your application..
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:09 pm

xecutioner - You are legally entitled to remain in the UK under Section C of the immigration rules.

If your employer is a little outfit and doesn't know much about this then what I recommend you do is contact an immigration solicitor or IAS and ask for a letter to confirm your eligibility to stay in the UK and work until you receive the acknowledge letter / decision from HO.

If Solicitor is not willing to help get help from IAS they will certainly draft you some sort of document.

Here is the link www.iasuk.org to find nearest office. No appointment, take copy of your PSW application, last payslip and employers contract / job offering letter.

skywalk
Newly Registered

Re: Employer asking for proof of psw application or visa

Post by skywalk » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:10 am

xecutioner9 wrote:Hi there

Regards
I think you will get acknowledgement letter within these days before your visa expire. Normally HO send that letter in two days. You should wait up to a week (working days) to get acknowledgement letter because of christmas holiday. Don't worry ..It gonna be ok..