ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tell your successful Immigration Stories

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Garfielduk62
Newly Registered

Tell your successful Immigration Stories

Post by Garfielduk62 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:35 am

I have searched high and low on the internet to find success stories written by real families who have already emigrated to Canada but to no avail.

Are there any people who contribute to this site who have made it in terms of landing and who can share with us their story so far; good ones preferably :D but if you have had bad :( experiences then feel free to share those also.

rely

Re: Tell your successful Immigration Stories

Post by rely » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:13 am

Garfielduk62 wrote:I have searched high and low on the internet to find success stories written by real families who have already emigrated to Canada but to no avail.

Are there any people who contribute to this site who have made it in terms of landing and who can share with us their story so far; good ones preferably :D but if you have had bad :( experiences then feel free to share those also.

Just try this http://www.notcanada.com/ .
rely

Garfielduk62
Newly Registered

Not negatives please

Post by Garfielduk62 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:46 am

Thanks rely but I have already read this and I want to read success stories :) and positive experiences. As with everything in this world the only stories as with newspapers and news on TV is about the bad or sad :( things that can happen; those that have a great life after emigrating, they are the people I want to hear from so that I can get a balanced view of experiences.

rely

Re: Not negatives please

Post by rely » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:35 am

Garfielduk62 wrote:Thanks rely but I have already read this and I want to read success stories :) and positive experiences. As with everything in this world the only stories as with newspapers and news on TV is about the bad or sad :( things that can happen; those that have a great life after emigrating, they are the people I want to hear from so that I can get a balanced view of experiences.
What is your intended occupation?Give me as per NOC.
rely

Mansukh
Newly Registered

NOC - 2173

Post by Mansukh » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:47 am

Hi,

I think I relate to this question. NOC - 2173 - Software Engineer. I do not have any arranged employment in Canada.

Thanks and regards.

yaeli_17
Newly Registered

Post by yaeli_17 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:31 pm

Hi,

My family and I immigrated a year ago from israel to Canada,
I have to admitt, the process was long and quite frustrating at times... the red tape birocracy is horrible, and from the very first time of applying it took almost 3 years until we actually RECIEVED the visa for permanent residence.
you can AVOID all this though - buy going through the application 1000 times and make sure you have everything and then some ! they always find something MORE to ask from you, some other form, some other document, some other proof.

I am now sponsoring my common-law partner to come and live in Canada, and i'm trying to learn from past mistakes

good luck ! :)