ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is post study worker scheme going to become more difficult?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icecool
- thin ice -

is post study worker scheme going to become more difficult?

Post by icecool » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:12 am

hi there,
i was just reading the ukba website and it says that migration advisory comitte have advised changes into the psw visa..the new changes might include giving out psw visa to only those students who have graduated from a certified institution and for specific courses only..do you think that this reccomendation will be accepted..most of the reccomendation by mac are accepted by ukba..but if this will get accepted than most students will not opt for uk..what u think?

sorcer
Newly Registered

Post by sorcer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 am

I have read this report too. Actually MAC recommended UKBA to leave PSW visas as they are now for 2 years BUT they will consider the option to lower the term to 1 year.

Generally UK made a very good category of visas by opening a route for international students through PSW. As I understood from MAC report there are not much countries that did the same or at least similar steps.

Personally I convinced that there is no reason to worry right now as MAC will review all the categories during the summer 2010, so relax and keep your fingers crossed.