ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Issue - Urgent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rush
Newly Registered

Work Permit Issue - Urgent

Post by rush » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:30 pm

I am on work permit and was going to apply for ILR in February. However, my job is in danger due to a policy breach / disciplinary action. I'm really stressed as if I loose my job then I will have to leave the country and won't be able to meet my mortgage, loan and other committments. Not sure what to do. Please give me some advice on how to proceed.

meats
BANNED

Re: Work Permit Issue - Urgent

Post by meats » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:58 pm

rush wrote:I am on work permit and was going to apply for ILR in February. However, my job is in danger due to a policy breach / disciplinary action. I'm really stressed as if I loose my job then I will have to leave the country and won't be able to meet my mortgage, loan and other committments. Not sure what to do. Please give me some advice on how to proceed.
Citizens Advice Bureau will be of more help with regards to mortgage, loan and other commitments.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Officially you need to leave UK within 28 days of losing your job [if you employer informs HO about your termination].

Your best bet is to apply for Tier 1 or some other visa unless you get another job with Tier 2/WP sponsorship.

rush
Newly Registered

Post by rush » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:28 pm

rg1 wrote:Officially you need to leave UK within 28 days of losing your job [if you employer informs HO about your termination].

Your best bet is to apply for Tier 1 or some other visa unless you get another job with Tier 2/WP sponsorship.
Thanks. How long it takes these days to get a response on Tier 1 and Tier 2 applications?

rush
Newly Registered

Post by rush » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 pm

rg1 wrote:Officially you need to leave UK within 28 days of losing your job [if you employer informs HO about your termination].

Please help... What if I apply for Tier 1 and don't get the approval / outcome within 28 days of losing the job. Will I be able to stay in the country pending visa approval?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:59 pm

rush wrote:

Please help... What if I apply for Tier 1 and don't get the approval / outcome within 28 days of losing the job. Will I be able to stay in the country pending visa approval?
I think u need Masters for Tier 1 - do u have?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rush
Newly Registered

Post by rush » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Wanderer wrote:
rush wrote:

Hi Wanderer, yes I have masters. I was also looking at Tier 2 (General) points. Can I stay in the country pending decision on Tier 1 or Tier 2 application. I will start calling recruitment consultants on Tuesday.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:04 pm

rush wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
rush wrote:

Hi Wanderer, yes I have masters. I was also looking at Tier 2 (General) points. Can I stay in the country pending decision on Tier 1 or Tier 2 application. I will start calling recruitment consultants on Tuesday.
Well with Tier 2 u need a licenced sponsor, not easy in these times and with ur timescales, I suggest u apply for Tier 1 which is basically what Rush said above! While the app is under consideration u r protected under Section 3c - ur existing leave is treated as continuing until a decision is made.

UK_UK_UK
Newly Registered

Post by UK_UK_UK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:03 am

rush wrote:I am on work permit and was going to apply for ILR in February. However, my job is in danger due to a policy breach / disciplinary action. I'm really stressed as if I loose my job then I will have to leave the country and won't be able to meet my mortgage, loan and other committments. Not sure what to do. Please give me some advice on how to proceed.

Hi rush ,

I am not sure if it is true ..some seniors could confirm ...

I remember an umbrella company who approached me some time back saying that they can sponser my WP permit provided i can get a good contract and they take a higher share of money .. so u can contact these umbrellas ....
I never showed interest ..but looks like they can transfer ur tier2..

But note this is secondary to tier1.... u can try both ....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:18 am

UK_UK_UK wrote:

Hi rush ,

I am not sure if it is true ..some seniors could confirm ...

I remember an umbrella company who approached me some time back saying that they can sponser my WP permit provided i can get a good contract and they take a higher share of money .. so u can contact these umbrellas ....
I never showed interest ..but looks like they can transfer ur tier2..

But note this is secondary to tier1.... u can try both ....
Sounds like bodyshopping which is illegal I hear.