ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP -working with charity organisation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayurbar
Newly Registered

WP -working with charity organisation

Post by mayurbar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:59 pm

hi
I am currently working with a well known and reputed charity organisation on PSW. My PSW is going to expire at the end of march'10. I have used points calculator and i came on to conclusion that my WP can only be gained if my salary is at least £20,000. Currently i am at less than £15,000 and i am working with the same organisation for last more than 1 year. Is there any exception in laws if i am working with an charity organisation? As i am working with charity foundation, my employer can not afford to pay me £20,000. Pls help me to get tier-2.
Thanks.

joh118

Re: WP -working with charity organisation

Post by joh118 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:23 pm

mayurbar wrote:hi
I am currently working with a well known and reputed charity organisation on PSW. My PSW is going to expire at the end of march'10. I have used points calculator and i came on to conclusion that my WP can only be gained if my salary is at least £20,000. Currently i am at less than £15,000 and i am working with the same organisation for last more than 1 year. Is there any exception in laws if i am working with an charity organisation? As i am working with charity foundation, my employer can not afford to pay me £20,000. Pls help me to get tier-2.
Thanks.
nope! tough luck!

You have very limited options now as your PSW visa runs out in less than 6 months.

If you find a new employer willing to pay you over 20000, they will now need to do the Resident market labour test. And the job advertisement period requirement is now 4 WEEKS (up from 2 weeks) which means it will be a stuggle to find an employer willing to advertise a job that long. Unless ofcourse your job is on the shortage list.

My advice is try to persude your employer to pay you 20,000 and/or find a new employer willing to advertise for 4 weeks.

You really left it too late....=(
PSW is really, one of the easiest ways to get into tier 2 but now you have less than 6 months....it's not great.

Another option is to do Masters degree? then you can get tier 1!