ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need your Help !!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luv
Newly Registered

Need your Help !!!

Post by luv » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Dear All,

First of all Let me thank you all for reading my message and helping me out. I got married to my longtime girlfriend this year in April in Czech Republic. Currently I am staying in Czech Republic with the Temporary Residence Permit which is valid for Five years and allows me to work and stay in Czech Republic. My wife wants to move to Ireland. Since it is not a problem for her to go to Ireland and work because of the Czech Passport. In my case I have an Indian Passport. I was wondering whether I need to apply for a visitor visa or I can go to Ireland by using my Czech Residence Permit. I would like to apply for the residence visa for Ireland. I should apply for the residence permit for Ireland once I reach there or before moving over there I should apply in the embassy of Ireland in Czech Republic. what are the conditions for that. As of now we don't have any rented place in Ireland and I want to know how is the work situation there. Is there ample opportunities so that I can get some work over there. I am really sorry to ask you guys so many questions. But the answers to all these questions will help me to take the decision and just one more how much time it will take for PR and citizenship of Ireland. Your Suggestion is Highly Appreciated. Please show me the right path.

Thanks & Regards

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi there,
Regarding to your Czech permit its not valid for Ireland since Ireland and UK is not in Schengen so you can go anywhere in EU for period for 3 months but UK and Ireland so you need to apply for Ireland EUTR visa which is D visa and allow you to accompany your wife and when you will come here to stay longer then your visa you need to apply for EU1 and this takes 6 months to process and when its approved you get 5 years EU family member stamp which gives you right to work in Ireland and travel to whole EU visa free.
And you need to apply for visa from consulate of Ireland in Czech Republic.
Work situation in Ireland at the moment is really really bad people who are here for the last 5 or 6 years I have seen them jobless if I were you I wouldn't come to Ireland unless a permanent job is arranged.but if you are highly skilled then you can try.
Regarding to PR or citizenship as far as I know you need to wait 5 years to apply for PR and after 1 year of PR you can apply for citizenship and in Ireland citizenship process takes 3 years and mostly more then 3 years.
I think you will get citizenship in Czech after 3 years. isn't that true??
Good luck!

luv
Newly Registered

Post by luv » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Dear friend,

I am really thankful to you for your prompt reply to my querries. I think you have shown me a good way. Regarding the Czech citizenship is like this. First they will give you a residence permit for five years after two years staying in czech republic i can apply for PR and after five years of PR, then i can apply for Czech citizenship.

And thanks for removing a crazy guy from this forum.

You Rock

rebel82 wrote:Hi there,
Regarding to your Czech permit its not valid for Ireland since Ireland and UK is not in Schengen so you can go anywhere in EU for period for 3 months but UK and Ireland so you need to apply for Ireland EUTR visa which is D visa and allow you to accompany your wife and when you will come here to stay longer then your visa you need to apply for EU1 and this takes 6 months to process and when its approved you get 5 years EU family member stamp which gives you right to work in Ireland and travel to whole EU visa free.
Work situation in Ireland at the moment is really really bad people who are here for the last 5 or 6 years I have seen them jobless if I were you I wouldn't come to Ireland unless a permanent job is arranged.but if you are highly skilled then you can try.
Regarding to PR or citizenship as far as I know you need to wait 5 years to apply for PR and after 1 year of PR you can apply for citizenship and in Ireland citizenship process takes 3 years and mostly more then 3 years.
Good luck!
rebel82 wrote:Hi there,
Good luck!