ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

santakumari
Newly Registered

ILR for parents

Post by santakumari » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi
i wonder if anyone would be so kind as to advise me...
i have 2 children in the UK who have Indefinite Leave to Remain
I am 55 years old but am retired and am depending on both of my children in the UK for income. Over the last 4 months, my applications for ILR have been turned down because i had stayed in the UK in 2008 for 2 weeks more than the 6 month rule (this i did not know at that time)
worse, i applied for a 6 month visa in Singapore because i was worried that i would be sent back at the UK immigration at the airport. This was also turned down on the basis that i had applied for ILR and that this has now gone to tribunal.

I would be truly appreciative if anyone here has experience in this matter and can advise me on what i can possibly do to visit both my new grandchildren in the UK

Santa

hmm

Re: ILR for parents

Post by hmm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:01 pm

santakumari wrote:Hi
worse, i applied for a 6 month visa in Singapore because i was worried that i would be sent back at the UK immigration at the airport. This was also turned down on the basis that i had applied for ILR and that this has now gone to tribunal.
Santa
where do you live, country of resident? Singapore?

Let me get the story rigtht. You applied for an elderly dependent visa (is that what you call ILR?) and it was refused on the ground that you over stayed previously. Then you applied for a visit visa and it was turned down because you already applied for a settlement visa.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:11 pm

I think your chances of visiting the UK are slim to none while your appeal is pending. You have a real risk of being refused entry.

santakumari
Newly Registered

ILR for parents

Post by santakumari » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:41 am

Thank you for listening. I wonder why I was told to apply for the family visitor visa by the UK visa office when they were aware that I had
an appeal pending.I am a Singaporean and I don't need a visa to enter UK. Not only was I kept waiting for the outcome in anxiety,
time and money were also wasted. I have been travelling to the UK
since 1998. Now I am told I am not a genuine traveller as my appeal case
is pending. In fact I followed the advice given by an immigration officer
and got into this mess. I am missing my two grandchildren who are
1 1/2yr old. Please advise.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:52 am

santakumari wrote:Thank you for listening. I wonder why I was told to apply for the family visitor visa by the UK visa office when they were aware that I had
an appeal pending.I am a Singaporean and I don't need a visa to enter UK. Not only was I kept waiting for the outcome in anxiety,
time and money were also wasted. I have been travelling to the UK
since 1998.
Now I am told I am not a genuine traveller as my appeal case
You may not need a visa, but you do still need to come through UK immigation. Surely it is better that you are refused a UK visa in Singapore than for you to travel to the UK and get refused there?

One question about your ILR - was your overstay the only reason for the refusal as you seem on the young side to get a visa as a dependant parent?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:19 am

santakumari wrote:Now I am told I am not a genuine traveller as my appeal case
Sorry to be blunt but the mess was caused by urself, the IO advised correctly.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Consider flying to Ireland (not via the UK), then enter the UK from Ireland.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.