ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost visa with tier 1 stamp

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srajsekhar
Newly Registered

Post by srajsekhar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi...recently i lost my passport and i'm having tire1 general stamp which is valid for 3 years.
I applied for new passport and want to know procedure to get tier 1 visa on my new passport.
when i inquired VFS about this, I have been said I need to apply for Visa again on my new passport.
I don't see this as a valid answer.
Anyone could confirm me the procedure to get back my Tire 1 visa on my new passport.

Cheers,
Raj.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: lost visa with tier 1 stamp

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:54 pm

srajsekhar wrote:Hi...recently i lost my passport and i'm having tire1 general stamp which is valid for 3 years.
I applied for new passport and want to know procedure to get tier 1 visa on my new passport.
when i inquired VFS about this, I have been said I need to apply for Visa again on my new passport.
Anyone could confirm me the procedure to get back my Tire 1 visa on my new passport.

Cheers,
Raj.
Don't think you need to apply for new visa i.e. Tier-1 application. Contact your nearest BHC and speak to them. In UK, home office provide visa stamp on new passport by charging around £130-£140 so don't think of any reason why they won't do for out of country applicant.(I will be descrimination then).

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:06 pm

srajsekhar wrote:Hi...recently i lost my passport and i'm having tire1 general stamp which is valid for 3 years.

Cheers,
Raj.
If you are in ur home country and this has happened . then I am afraid you need to apply once again with all the docs...
If you are in the UK , U need to apply for new passport , then get your Visa stamped on the new passport...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:14 pm

dima wrote:If you are in ur home country and this has happened . then I am afraid you need to apply once again with all the docs...If you are in the UK , U need to apply for new passport , then get your Visa stamped on the new passport...
Didn't knew that. Thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:24 pm

dima wrote: If you are in ur home country and this has happened . then I am afraid you need to apply once again with all the docs...
If you are in the UK , U need to apply for new passport , then get your Visa stamped on the new passport...
Dima:

Are you sure, i mean you saw this in practical?? This is new to me again.. would wait for more confirmation..

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:55 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
dima wrote: If you are in ur home country and this has happened . then I am afraid you need to apply once again with all the docs...
Dima:

Are you sure, i mean you saw this in practical?? This is new to me again.. would wait for more confirmation..
Yes.. I saw in the VFS/BHC website sometime back. lemme see If I can retrieve that link...
:)

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:11 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Dima:

Just check this link..
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/5167621/2991775

srajsekhar
Newly Registered

Post by srajsekhar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:50 pm

hi all...thanks a lot for replying.
actually i got the hsmp before the new rules being implemented(i.e mandatory masters. i'm having bachelors).
now if i need to apply for visa again this time do i need to apply with masters or with bachelors itself will i get my visa. i need to apply from india.
and the fee is also increased this time. its a hugeeeeeee burden.
do i really need to apply again. in that case i won't get visa at all. i need to do masters :( i.e min after 2-3 yrs only

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:24 am

srajsekhar wrote:hi all...thanks a lot for replying.
actually i got the hsmp before the new rules being implemented(i.e mandatory masters. i'm having bachelors).
now if i need to apply for visa again this time do i need to apply with masters or with bachelors itself will i get my visa. i need to apply from india.
and the fee is also increased this time. its a hugeeeeeee burden.
do i really need to apply again. in that case i won't get visa at all. i need to do masters :( i.e min after 2-3 yrs only
I would speak to BHC in the first instance (politely and with patience) and explain them situation. Also explain them about yout master's degree etc and ask them for advice.

Prashatt
Newly Registered

Latest update on this, Please HELP!!!

Post by Prashatt » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:40 am

Hi,

I am stranded in Mumbai for the same problem since 1st November 2009.
I would like to know whether you are back in UK on tier-1 and if so.... How?
I have been living and working in the UK for more than 3 years and still find this to be illogical, why can't I get my valid 3 years visa stamped on my new passport straightaway?

I had applied for Tier-1 to visa and got a refusal letter because of educational qualification criteria!
The BHC/Embassy never entertains such cases in Mumbai,
is there a way out? Can I apply for another visa to get back to UK
and work again?

Thanks,
Prashant.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Latest update on this, Please HELP!!!

Post by push » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Prashatt wrote:Hi,

I am stranded in Mumbai for the same problem since 1st November 2009.
I would like to know whether you are back in UK on tier-1 and if so.... How?
I have been living and working in the UK for more than 3 years and still find this to be illogical, why can't I get my valid 3 years visa stamped on my new passport straightaway?

I had applied for Tier-1 to visa and got a refusal letter because of educational qualification criteria!
The BHC/Embassy never entertains such cases in Mumbai,
is there a way out? Can I apply for another visa to get back to UK
and work again?

Thanks,
Prashant.
I have replied to your post on another thread already
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Prashatt
Newly Registered

m waiting for n update from Raj

Post by Prashatt » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi Raj,
please let me know whether u cud make it ... if so how?
thanks a lot in advance,
Prashant.