ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Future - In-Person Applicant - Important Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pkumar
Member of Standing

Future - In-Person Applicant - Important Question

Post by pkumar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 am

Anyone who is planning to go in-person to either apply for Tier-1 / extention can you please ask

1> Is there something called 2nd extention (if applicant does not qualify for ILR in first 5 years) . This will be helpful to applicant to came in late (more than 3 months of visa start) or who somewhere in the middle of 5 years took a break of more than 3 months at a stretch or broke 180 days out of country rule.

2> This is important: What rules apply for 2nd extention (if they allow). Rules of first HSMP/Tier 1 or rule while applying.

3> How does it work. So if ILR is not granted do that give extention there and then or you need to apply seperately.

MANY people are having this question and if someone gets a good case-worker who is ready to give more information it would be worth asking these questions and sharing it will this forum.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Future - In-Person Applicant - Important Question

Post by gotcha » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:24 am

pkumar wrote:Anyone who is planning to go in-person to either apply for Tier-1 / extention can you please ask

1> Is there something called 2nd extention (if applicant does not qualify for ILR in first 5 years) . This will be helpful to applicant to came in late (more than 3 months of visa start) or who somewhere in the middle of 5 years took a break of more than 3 months at a stretch or broke 180 days out of country rule.
Yes, you can apply for extension till you quyalify for ILR.
pkumar wrote: 2> This is important: What rules apply for 2nd extention (if they allow). Rules of first HSMP/Tier 1 or rule while applying.
It's there in Tier1 guidance.
pkumar wrote:
3> How does it work. So if ILR is not granted do that give extention there and then or you need to apply seperately.
To apply for ILR, you need to be eligible for that, to be eligible you need to have valid leave.
pkumar wrote: MANY people are having this question and if someone gets a good case-worker who is ready to give more information it would be worth asking these questions and sharing it will this forum.
I think, information is already there, nothing secret there.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Can you tell me the page no in the Guidance notes? I couldn't find it.
Remember to mention the pages for Point 1 and 2 I listed. I am sure people are looking forward to this information.

NOTE: please don't interpret anything as people are looking for precise wordings.

Thanks!

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:18 pm

pkumar wrote:Can you tell me the page no in the Guidance notes? I couldn't find it.
Remember to mention the pages for Point 1 and 2 I listed. I am sure people are looking forward to this information.

NOTE: please don't interpret anything as people are looking for precise wordings.

Thanks!
What exactly you didn't understand from guidance ? Rules about extension ?

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:05 pm

Just so that I am clear i listed down in points. I thought i was pretty clear in my points? isn't it?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 pm

pkumar wrote:Just so that I am clear i listed down in points. I thought i was pretty clear in my points? isn't it?
PKumar, it's rude to use such language, while asking help on forum. I'm no more interested in this thread.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Gotcha i never intended to hurt you, I am here simply looking for facts and answers. I am sure you have helped lots of people in this forum and keeping up the good work.

I just mentioned few points and looking forward from someone to ask case workder as people are unsure about it.

You came along and said it is in Guidance notes and hence i asked precisely where you read it and did it covered both of my points.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:59 pm

pkumar wrote:Anyone who is planning to go in-person to either apply for Tier-1 / extention can you please ask

There is nothing called 2nd extension or nth extension. If one does not qualify for ILR, you may apply for another extension, if you qualify as per the rules. The rules are same for each extension. The rules that are in place for Tier 1 G extension at that time will apply in this case.

2> This is important: What rules apply for 2nd extention (if they allow). Rules of first HSMP/Tier 1 or rule while applying.

The rules are same for each extension. The rules that are in place for Tier 1 G extension at that time will apply in this case.

If you are not eligible for ILR and if you apply for an extension, you will get the extension for the set period. You can apply for ILR when you are eligible.

Consider this example, person A got his initial HSMP from Jan 2008 to Jan 2010. He came to UK only in April 2008, so he will qualify for ILR only in Apr 2013 (as per current rules.).

He will apply for extension before Jan 2010 and get it for 3 years, until Jan 2013. In Jan 2013, he cannot apply for ILR as he has not completed 5 years. So he has to apply for extension again. He will get it for another 3 years if he satisfies all criteria. (Depends on rules at 2013, but as per current rules it will be for 3 years). When A qualifies for ILR (Apr 2013), he can apply for ILR anytime before extension expires. (Apr 2013 to Jan 2016).

Hope this is clear.

MANY people are having this question and if someone gets a good case-worker who is ready to give more information it would be worth asking these questions and sharing it will this forum.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:29 pm

Any reference to document?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:09 pm

pkumar wrote:Any reference to document?
The reference is the PBS guidance notes or the immigration law as available on the UKBA website which defines extension as extension of current leave and does not say if it is the first extension or the second or the nth. The rules for "extension" list out various requirements for the same-if you meet them you can extend the leave (most important being -a valid current leave)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer