ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Tier 1 immigration Timeline

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samey
Newly Registered

Question about Tier 1 immigration Timeline

Post by Samey » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:12 pm

I am confuse at the moment about the Tier 1 immigration process and time line. I may be dumb to not follow the process or may not have found the right piece of information. It will be great if I obtain answers from the audience on this forum. Based on the point system, I qualify for UK immigration, but I am not sure when would I be able to move to UK if I secure immigration (probably 2 years).
My questions are:
1. How long does this application process take(from initial sending the application to receive a notification of approval, in approx time).
2. After the application is approved, Do I have to request for Visa separately OR approval include the work visa for 3 years and one has to utilize the visa right away and should move to UK immediately. (Please shed some light on this question).
3. is this possible for one to move to UK, and then work in a different country while on UK tier 1 immigration. How long can 1 request leave from UK.
4. How long do UK immigration office keeps the orginal documents which I will send. What is the safe way to ensure that these are returned without hastle and fear of loss?

Thank You for your time.

Samey

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Question about Tier 1 immigration Timeline

Post by mvent00 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Samey wrote:I am confuse at the moment about the Tier 1 immigration process and time line. I may be dumb to not follow the process or may not have found the right piece of information. It will be great if I obtain answers from the audience on this forum. Based on the point system, I qualify for UK immigration, but I am not sure when would I be able to move to UK if I secure immigration (probably 2 years).
My questions are:
1. How long does this application process take(from initial sending the application to receive a notification of approval, in approx time).

Check this link: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

2. After the application is approved, Do I have to request for Visa separately OR approval include the work visa for 3 years and one has to utilize the visa right away and should move to UK immediately. (Please shed some light on this question).

If you get approval, you will get visa for 3 years. You can move anytime before the expiry date of your visa, but remember expiry date is the last day of your stay in UK. Also, in order to qualify for ILR, you should stay continuous five years in UK, so if you enter late UK late, then you may need additional extensions of your visa.

3. is this possible for one to move to UK, and then work in a different country while on UK tier 1 immigration. How long can 1 request leave from UK.

Yes, you can work any where, but keep in mind the above-mentioned ILR process and points you need at the time of your next extension.

4. How long do UK immigration office keeps the orginal documents which I will send. What is the safe way to ensure that these are returned without hastle and fear of loss?

After they decide your case, they will return all originals along with your passport.

Thank You for your time. You are welcome.

Samey