ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointments - URGENT help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pranavdev
Newly Registered

ILR appointments - URGENT help

Post by pranavdev » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Dear all
I could not find out a thread which addresses the problems of getting appointments for in person applications either by phone or online. Hence starting this thread to share my experience.

I am eligible for ILR and trying to get an appointmet to attend in person because I am planning to visit India in March and I am not sure my passport will be returned by that time? Rang the UK Border agency every day from 8.55 am and managed to go through all the computer messages for 20 min and then spoke to a member of the staff - the message was - NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE.
They suggested to book online but when I told them I have been trying to book online for last two weeks and have not received the login details - the answer was ''I can't answer that as I dont deal with online booking''
Spoke to couple of agents - it is quite expensive 650 + VAT
I am not sure what to do now? Any suggestions please?[/b]

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:46 pm

1. Try to register again for login/password - make sure to check your spam/junk mail folder (my letter with login details was filtered to spam by GMail). If it does not work, try another e-mail address. Also remember that they don't send registration details immediately - I got mine the next day.

2. After getting login, don't forget that despite confusing name (transaction ID) you can use it multiple times to check for available appointments, no need to re-register.

3. Despite what most people think calling around 9am is pointless as the system gets new appointments during the day at random times.

4. From my experience best times to check for appointments are: between 2PM and 4PM, and around 7PM. Also I've seen appointments still untaken on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings.

5. Don't assume that weeks that available in the week selector are the weeks they have any appointments for - in my experience the last two weeks (the furthest in time) are not really there, it is just a automatic placeholder for the future. There won't be any appointments there until those weeks will get closer in time (and there will be more placeholders after them). For example they added first week in February in beginning of December, but first appointments appeared only last week.

6. The search form defaults to AM (morning search). Don't forget to switch it to both so you will get twice as more possible times.

7. Another way to check available dates is to search for specific day of the week - it automatically selects the latest available week with that day of the week. Try searching from Mondays to Fridays and notice that you are getting dates which are in a row (15, 16, 17, etc) - up until the latest one available.

8. If you can't find anything - try again later. I tried 3-5 times a day until I found good time and date.
Don't bother with phones (save your money), as people who work there use the same system and don't have any 'magical powers'.

9. And finally, if you cannot find anything suitable - don't give up. I've seen a lot of last minute appointments which appears out of nowhere 1-to-3 days before the actual date!