ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A 2nd Renewal of Tier 1 visa for PR Application?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amy99
Newly Registered

A 2nd Renewal of Tier 1 visa for PR Application?

Post by amy99 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:17 pm

Greetings,

I have just had my hsmp visa extended to Tier 1 visa a few weeks ago, and a friend of mine who is of similar condition asked a very new question regarding PR application in 3 years, ie

Our initial HSMP visa was granted when we were not in the UK, and it took a few weeks for us to prepare for relocation, so we did not arrive in the UK on the exact day the HSMP visa started - however, if we apply for PR 3 years later with current extended Tier 1 visa, we'd be a few weeks short in the time requirement of 5 years.

My situation is - I got initial HSMP visa on 22/11/2007, arrived in the UK on 30/12/2007, new tier 1 visa is from 30/11/2009 - 30/11/2012.

Must we do a 2nd renewal of tier 1 visa, and how long does the new visa last?

I would really appreciate gurus here could help me on this question, thanks a million!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:06 am

As far as i understand... HO recommends applicants to enter the country with 28days once your visa is approved.. and it is ok to apply for ILR if you are less than = 28days short of ur ILR but ur case is just more than 28days ... i will wait for any person who applied with 1-2months short and got ILR approval..

U shd have also tried at ur 2nd extension by requesting caseworker to give extenson to cover those days.. (which i again saw 1case who got 3yrs-3months extension)...

wait for others to respond..

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 am

Well,you again apply for extension ,i know lot of ppl. who have done extension n. no. of times (some times because their clock got reset due to absense).
I had called HO about my visa ,as i was in similar situation..They told me that they wont give even a day more then 3 years as its not as per rules..