ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mods and Experts please help: Paternity Pay with Ltd Co

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shokishoki
Newly Registered

Mods and Experts please help: Paternity Pay with Ltd Co

Post by shokishoki » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:08 am

Hello. I am an IT contractor working through a Limited Company. I got ILR 4 months ago. Can I claim paternity pay when I go on paternity leave in August. My accountant seems to think I amnot entitled to it as it is classed as public funds. Is this correct. Can't find anything on BIA website indicating that paternity pay is classed under "public funds".

meats
BANNED

Re: Mods and Experts please help: Paternity Pay with Ltd Co

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:24 am

shokishoki wrote:Hello. I am an IT contractor working through a Limited Company. I got ILR 4 months ago. Can I claim paternity pay when I go on paternity leave in August. My accountant seems to think I amnot entitled to it as it is classed as public funds. Is this correct. Can't find anything on BIA website indicating that paternity pay is classed under "public funds".
Wouldn't paternity pay be paid for by your company??

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:44 am

Paternity leave is given by the employer and as you have ILR you are now entitled to public benefits

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:45 am

MAA2 Public funds. If it's not in the list, then it's okay to claim.

ILR holders are normally permitted to claim public funds anyway, unless subject to a maintenance undertaking.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.