ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI TIMELINE OF APPLICATIONS

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saabu
Newly Registered

OCI TIMELINE OF APPLICATIONS

Post by saabu » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi friends,

I have been through this excellent forum and noted that though there are many thread on OCI, there is'nt one showing the timelines, like other topics such as ILR/Citizenship/Passport have.

I thought I start a thread on the timeline, to help forum members discuss the status of their OCI applications.

I am starting by giving details of my own timeline, which I hope to update as and when I get news. I request other forum members who have applied/in the process of applying/received OCI status here.

By the way, for those who are unaware how to check the status of their application, please visit the site https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

MISSION WHERE SUBMITTED: High Commission of India, London
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Postal
DATE OCI APPLICATION SUBMITTED: 14th October 2009
DATE OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: 30th October 2009 [this came up only after I sent the Indian Passport to HCI, London for Surrender on 24th October]
REGISTRATION STATUS: Under Process
DOCUMENTS PRINTING STATUS:Not Printed
DATE DOCUMENTS DISPATCHED TO CONCERNED MISSION: Not Dispatched
DATE DOCUMENTS RECEIVED AT CONCERNED MISSION: Not Yet
DATE OCI RECEIVED: Waiting

With best wishes,

Saabu.

kumar2009
Newly Registered

Re: OCI TIMELINE OF APPLICATIONS

Post by kumar2009 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:39 pm

saabu wrote:Hi friends,

I have been through this excellent forum and noted that though there are many thread on OCI, there is'nt one showing the timelines, like other topics such as ILR/Citizenship/Passport have.

I thought I start a thread on the timeline, to help forum members discuss the status of their OCI applications.

I am starting by giving details of my own timeline, which I hope to update as and when I get news. I request other forum members who have applied/in the process of applying/received OCI status here.

By the way, for those who are unaware how to check the status of their application, please visit the site https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

DATE OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: 30th October 2009 [this came up only after I sent the Indian Passport to HCI, London for Surrender on 24th October]

With best wishes,

Saabu.

1) Did you surrender the Indian passport by post ?
2) when did you receive the surrender certificate?

saabu
Newly Registered

Post by saabu » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:49 pm

1) Did you surrender the Indian passport by post ? YES - 24/10/2009
2) when did you receive the surrender certificate? TODAY - 07/11/2009

I hope that it answers your question.

Regards,

Saabu

yatri09
Newly Registered

Post by yatri09 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 pm

saabu wrote:1) Did you surrender the Indian passport by post ? YES - 24/10/2009
2) when did you receive the surrender certificate? TODAY - 07/11/2009

I hope that it answers your question.

Regards,

Saabu
hi any update about your oci application

alampal
Newly Registered

My status(APplied by Post)

Post by alampal » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:38 pm

MISSION WHERE SUBMITTED: HCI, London
METHOD OF APPLICATION : Postal
DATE OCI APPLICATION SUBMITTED : ~ 3 Nov 2009
DATE OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT : 25-Nov-09
REGISTRATION STATUS : Under Process
DOCUMENTS PRINTING STATUS :Not Printed
DATE DOCUMENTS DISPATCHED TO CON' MISSION : Not Dispatched
DATE DOCUMENTS RECEIVED AT London : Not Yet
DATE OCI RECEIVED : Waiting
+Note saying
'' Ordinarily OCI Reg Certf' and Visa are available for delivery within 30 days from Do Ackw'.''

saabu
Newly Registered

Post by saabu » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Hello Yatri,
The only update I have is that my Photo/Signature has been scanned on 23rd Nov. It has not proceeded to the next stage as yet.
The OCI online status check does say that the OCI should be ready within a month of its acknowledgement, but as you can see it is still not ready even after 7 weeks.
Regards,
Saabu

yatri09
Newly Registered

Post by yatri09 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:31 pm

saabu wrote:Hello Yatri,
The only update I have is that my Photo/Signature has been scanned on 23rd Nov. It has not proceeded to the next stage as yet.
The OCI online status check does say that the OCI should be ready within a month of its acknowledgement, but as you can see it is still not ready even after 7 weeks.
Regards,
Saabu
Thank you saabu for the further input on 'oci timeline' why 7 weeks though? Photo/Signature has been scanned on 23rd Nov.. and there is no further progress. I notice HCI has updated 'now' the rules etc but brings up more questions than answers really

chakku71

Re: OCI TIMELINE OF APPLICATIONS

Post by chakku71 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:01 am

saabu wrote:Hi friends,

With best wishes,

Saabu.
Hi
two questions
1.If applying for OCI, is gaining a surrender certificate a different process, i.e can we apply for surrendering and an OCI together
2.£160 for OCI, does that include for surrender as well. If not can we take a single postal order for surrender and OCI (£250)
BB

saabu
Newly Registered

Post by saabu » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:34 pm

My replies in red Chakku,

Hi
two questions
1.If applying for OCI, is gaining a surrender certificate a different process, i.e can we apply for surrendering and an OCI together - They are two completely different but essentially linked processes. You will have to apply for each individually.

2.£160 for OCI, does that include for surrender as well. If not can we take a single postal order for surrender and OCI (£250) - You have to separately pay £90.00 for the surrender certificate and £165 for the OCI.

chakku71

Post by chakku71 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:42 am

saabu wrote:My replies in red Chakku,

Hi
two questions
1.If applying for OCI, is gaining a surrender certificate a different process, i.e can we apply for surrendering and an OCI together - They are two completely different but essentially linked processes. You will have to apply for each individually.

2.£160 for OCI, does that include for surrender as well. If not can we take a single postal order for surrender and OCI (£250) - You have to separately pay £90.00 for the surrender certificate and £165 for the OCI.
Thanks saabu, That was helpful
I have posted a new question OCI & inheritance. Comments are most welcome.
BB

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Continue discussion on OCI timelines here.