ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian CPA (Certified Praticing Accounant)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dajumper

Australian CPA (Certified Praticing Accounant)

Post by dajumper » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:13 pm

Does anyone know if the attainment of the Aussie CPA would earn 25 points as equivalent to a Masters or professional qualification? Thanks

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:17 pm

Ok, ACCOUNTANT... not very professional hey!

Helena
Newly Registered

Post by Helena » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:33 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Chartered Accounting qualification will not earn you 25 ponts, may be 15. I am ACCA qualifies myself and know for sure that I would probably be able to get only 15.

Best of luck!

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:32 pm

Are you sure? According to the workpermit.com intial assessment will award 25 points for postgrad qualifications stating "e.g. Chartered Accountants.. " if not Masters.

Also, a friend a mine is a CA (Chartered Accountant) from Australia and he scored 25 points. I'm just not sure if the CPA will be considered equally.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:01 pm

Ok, looks like i have answered my own question as per the HSMP caseworker's guidance below:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... dance.html?

I can confirm that on the last page of the educational background section, the CPA Australia qualification is equivalent to a British Masters degree standard.

* The HSMP caseworkers guidance notes have got it wrong by using the full name of CPA Australia which should be Certified Practising Accountants and not Certified Public Accountant (which is the American equivalent)

YAY!!