ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a new Tier1(General) application!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hitman79
Newly Registered

Applying for a new Tier1(General) application!!!

Post by hitman79 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi guys,

I was refused for my Tier1(post study work) extension last year due to the lack of funds. I then appealed against the decision and I have just lost the appeal as well. I have maintained my funds since then and I qualify for Tier1(General). Just wondering if I am eligible to apply for Tier1(General) within the 28 days I have to leave the country or I have to leave the country and have to apply it from India?

Thanks a lot for your help.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:18 pm

I presume that ur visa got expired in that case you need to apply from india... 28days is the grace time given to u to leave the country without any -ve effect on ur visa in future

hitman79
Newly Registered

Post by hitman79 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have asked because my Barrister has provided me with a parliament document stating that any points based application can be made within the 28 days of the leave expiring. I am unable to confirm it yet from Solicitor or Home Office. If anyone has any other information please do let me know.

Another question which arises is that my company is happy to pay me. Do I have to take any steps (as not to pay NI etc) or just let them pay as normal?

Thanks.