ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm

The thing is if student studied at any college and paid them fee and later on Ho declared them as bodus they have got every right 2 go 2 court or whatever coz how can Ho ruined people life like this. They have given these colleges a permission to run and if something happend y wud they only accused students but not their owm staff who carried out all the necesary checks wid da relevent authorities.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:00 pm

wait wrote:The thing is if student studied at any college and paid them fee and later on Ho declared them as bodus they have got every right 2 go 2 court or whatever coz how can Ho ruined people life like this. They have given these colleges a permission to run and if something happend y wud they only accused students but not their owm staff who carried out all the necesary checks wid da relevent authorities.
Wait,
U r absolutely right in logical thinking.
I mean Home Office itself awarded people PSW on LCPS PG Diplomas and now they are saying it has never issued or offered.
Secondly College is on still Listed Bodies list and met all Home Office requirements to admit international students when we studied.
Do they want us to acquire some sort of james Bond 007 skills as well to know about a college while studiying at them?
If college is not legal why Home Office keep quiet and does nothing until every one has completed their courses.
It is just joke in sensble words.
Regarding colsure of college,colleges are jsut like private businesses and if they are not making profits they can close down any time like any other business in the world, so do they want small college LCPS stay forever.

oilly

Post by oilly » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:15 am

I just want to help,
According to
A United Kingdom listed body is an institution that is not a United Kingdom recognised body but one which provides full courses that lead to the award of a degree by a United Kingdom recognised body.
reference
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... stitution/

I think it means your degree must provide by the recognised body in order to apply for PSW. In your case, LCPS show in their website that they are supported by Uni of Sunderland, therefore you may try to contact with Uni.

P.S. I think that LCPS is the listed body, which mean they can't award any degree.

oilly

Post by oilly » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:17 am

This is what I get from LCPS website
Is LCPS a Listed Body? PDF Print E-mail
LCPS is a listed body in the UK as it offers UK University degrees awarded by the University of Sunderland and The Royal Holloway University of London.
reference http://www.lcps.org.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=41

that's why i think you guys should contact university

oilly

Post by oilly » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:20 am

By the way,
I'm not sure whether you guys have been awarded PG degree or diploma

according to
Qualifications that are not acceptable

Qualifications that cannot be used for the award of points include:

* foundation degrees;
* honorary degrees;
* qualifications awarded in the United Kingdom by overseas awarding bodies;
* qualifications undertaken in overseas campuses of United Kingdom institutions;
* professional and vocational qualifications; and
* postgraduate certificates or diplomas.
reference http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ification/

hope this help

If all of you guys are genuine, I wish you get PSW asap

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:06 am

oilly wrote:This is what I get from LCPS website
Is LCPS a Listed Body? PDF Print E-mail
LCPS is a listed body in the UK as it offers UK University degrees awarded by the University of Sunderland and The Royal Holloway University of London.
reference http://www.lcps.org.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=41

that's why i think you guys should contact university
The University of Sunderland does not mention this 'college' on their website as a partner college.

http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/college/

Likewise, Royal Holloway doesn't seem to have anything to do with this 'college'. They seem to deal with 6th form colleges and international universities as their partners only.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:19 am

Hmm this is weird, how can this college mention those unis to be its partners if they are not ? the college can't lie can it ?
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:28 am

inwarsaw wrote:Hmm this is weird, how can this college mention those unis to be its partners if they are not ? the college can't lie can it ?
Technically they're not allowed to but there are so many 'colleges' that it's virtually impossible to check all of them. If you're working in conjunction with someone like Univisas then it becomes easier as they were printing fake certificates from universities for their 'clients'.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:45 pm

meats wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:Hmm this is weird, how can this college mention those unis to be its partners if they are not ? the college can't lie can it ?
Technically they're not allowed to but there are so many 'colleges' that it's virtually impossible to check all of them. If you're working in conjunction with someone like Univisas then it becomes easier as they were printing fake certificates from universities for their 'clients'.
Still no-one has confirmed they've actually studied there...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:01 pm

LCPS GUYS,

APPEAL, RE APPEAL, JUDICIAL REVIEW ... NOTHING WILL BE IN YOUR FAVOUR UNLESS YOUR COLLEGE COME FORWARD.

IT'S GONNA WASTE OF MONEY FOR ALL OF YOU. LOOK AT THE CCL CASE.
IF YOUR COLLEGE STAND UP , THEN YOU WILL BE ALRIGHT.

OTHERWISE NOT A SINGLE CHANCE.

THANKS

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:50 pm

oilly wrote:By the way,

according to

* foundation degrees;
* honorary degrees;
* qualifications undertaken in overseas campuses of United Kingdom institutions;

hope this help

Thanks Oily for ur help.
The link u provided it does not apply on us because this rule was implemented after 30 March2009 and our applications were submitted before 30 marc2009 with old rules and requirements.
And we were awared PG diplomas and that was the requirement.
Home Office has no objection with our PG Diploma. And finally I did study at college.
Thanks again for ur search to help us.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:51 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:And finally I did study at college.
Did u? Tell us?

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:44 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Did u? Tell us?

Wanderer, RajaMahmood and his country President Zardari(London School of Economics at Whitechapel) both got bogus college degrees. One day RajaMahmood might be President of his country as well through LCPS degree

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:51 pm

ajmal wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Did u? Tell us?

Wanderer, RajaMahmood and his country President Zardari(London School of Economics at Whitechapel) both got bogus college degrees. One day RajaMahmood might be President of his country as well through LCPS degree
Good for him, that would mean that his appeals have all been rightly rejected and he was deported from the UK.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:04 am

ajmal wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Did u? Tell us?

and where are you from ? I thought you were also from Pakistan because I remember you declaring me infidel in one of your posts because I had commited 'adultery' since I had a christian girl-friend.

The way you have tried to make a joke here shows how ignorant you are. Just to let you know, havign a UK degree, genuine or otherwise, is none of the pre-requisites to enter politics in Pakistan.

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Please keep your own dispute and attitude beside and don't disturb the other to satisfied your own ego.

What about LCPS students? Is there are more case for rejection?
I have number of proof from lcps that I was studying there and I had file
my appeal yesterday and enclosed all the proof with my application as well.

But now if I'm trying to contact college authorities, there is no response at all.
I just wanted to know how long AIT will take to contact me ??
I wish best of luck to all students....!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:58 pm

vicky1234 wrote:Please keep your own dispute and attitude beside and don't disturb the other to satisfied your own ego.

But now if I'm trying to contact college authorities, there is no response at all.
Has anyone actually studied there? No one will say...

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:12 pm

vicky1234 wrote:Please keep your own dispute and attitude beside and don't disturb the other to satisfied your own ego.

You dont have any other options, just wait for the AIT hearing letter. Home office might go for Test Case

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:29 pm

ajmal wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Did u? Tell us?

Thanks Ajmal. If it was to insult me then ajmal u r successful. It is not only visa,the whole life is going bad. If such comments make u feel good or brilliant,I wont even say to anything. Keep commenting.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Post deleted : having had it translated I can see this post is totally unacceptable. Any repeat posting will lead to action being taken.

Specifically, the T&Cs of this Board include :-

No use of rude or inappropriate language. One must always treat fellow posters with respect.

oilly

Post by oilly » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:59 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:

according to

* foundation degrees;
* honorary degrees;

hope this help

Thanks Oily for ur help.
The link u provided it does not apply on us because this rule was implemented after 30 March2009 and our applications were submitted before 30 marc2009 with old rules and requirements.
Home Office has no objection with our PG Diploma. And finally I did study at college.
Well, in your case, I think it because this college has no right to provide any certificate themselves, must be in the name of recognised bodies as it show in the website that the degree or certificate will be given by uni of Sunderland and another ( London something university).

If you are a genuine student, then you are victim, and don't deserve deception therefore you should try to find the evidence that you have attended the class more that 80%, and if possible, show them that you work legally under your student visa such as pay slip and NI number.

I can't guarantee that they would provide you PSW but at least they might remove you from deception list.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:29 am

[Post altered by Moderator, deleted the quoted words.]

:D:D its good none of the moderators understands Urdu otherwise you would get banned !

[Inserted by Moderator : no, but people can translate! Member concerned now on "thin ice".]

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:51 am

Wait

I have been posted the comment that you published and which has subsequently been deleted from here. I find the wording offensive and disgusting (I speak Urdu) and if you repeat such words gain, I will ban you as you are contravening the T&C of this forum.

Please refrain from such comments. If you can not keep comments dignified, then please refrain from commenting. :x

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 am

oilly wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:

according to

* foundation degrees;
* honorary degrees;

hope this help

Thanks Oily for ur help.
Well, in your case, I think it because this college has no right to provide any certificate themselves, must be in the name of recognised bodies as it show in the website that the degree or certificate will be given by uni of Sunderland and another ( London something university).

If you are a genuine student, then you are victim, and don't deserve deception therefore you should try to find the evidence that you have attended the class more that 80%, and if possible, show them that you work legally under your student visa such as pay slip and NI number.

I can't guarantee that they would provide you PSW but at least they might remove you from deception list.
Once again Oily Thanks for being assertive and helpful.
No college provides attendance records while u study as it is for college record.
I have no idea that college is going to close. Now i can not even request my college any attendance record or any other material as there is no college,no colllege staff.
But i do have complete understnading of my PG Diploma in management course which is awarded to me.
I believe this will be my strongest point in court if Home Office or any judge wants to question me about my PG Diploma, im fully confident to answer. After completing my PG Diploma i did not stop studying, I enrolled in ACCA and now I am fundamental qualified.
I am just waiting my day in court,I myself is proof of my PG diploma if home office does not believe on my college letters or certificates.
Thanks again.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:25 pm

No college provides attendance records while u study as it is for college record.
They do now, under Tier 4 arrangements, if they want to retain their Sponsor Licence.

Tier 4 much stricter than the former Student visas.
John