ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused to enter USA at Schiphol by USA Immigration officer

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

normann
Newly Registered

Refused to enter USA at Schiphol by USA Immigration officer

Post by normann » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Travelling allready since 1980 to the USA. Mostly for conferences or visiting friends and family. End of 2005 I was leaving from Amsterdam (Ditch Passport) to New York and LA for conferences and expos. Suprised at the check in to hear that I had to wait for a USA immigration officer who took my passport, made an copy and told me that I was refused to board. No reasons at all. Advised me to go the USA Consulate in Amsterdam and request for an visa... (Dutch Citizens travels via a visa waiver). Beginning of 2006 I went to the consulate. Had to make fingerprints and the officer could not find any reasons in their files why I was refused. In 2007 I received an email if I was still interested to go to the USA. Had to tell them reasons, references etc. Some months later I was called by the consul who asked me my financial references etc. All info given and again told them that is an bizar situation. I have no criminal record, not doing business in USA, no arrests, nothing at all!
In 2009 I received a letter from another consular officer telling me that my visa had been refused because of section 212 (a)(3)(b). Just read the article and it means that I am an terrorist! Wow this is more bizar. But how to correct this. I read about a program to redress this situation. Enter my file in 2008, nothing heard!
Somebody at this forum can advise me what to do? This is so unfair!

This is the article I am referring at:
Visa Denial Waivers. The inadmissibility of members and supporters of
foreign terrorist organizations under Section 212(a)(3)(B) can be waived under
Section 212(d), which provides the Attorney General with that authority, if he deems
that it is in the national interest to do so. Such waivers are usually granted at the
request of the Secretary of State, with the concurrence of the Attorney General.
Terrorist Activity Defined. Section 212(a)(3)(B)(ii) defines “terrorist
activityâ€

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:26 pm

wow, I'm sorry to hear this. Your situation is truly awful. It sounds like you'll need a waiver of inadmissability. I would suggest getting an immigration attorney to help you.
I tell it like it is.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:53 am

It seems that your name might be similar to a known terrorist that is on a watch list

normann
Newly Registered

Traveler Redress Inquiry Form

Post by normann » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:40 am

I also files a request in 2008 and again in 2009.
This answer is for more that a year visible
Status

In Process

DHS has received your application along with the required identification documents and the signed Privacy Statement. We are currently reviewing the submission to determine if the delays are caused by incorrect information or mistaken identity. We will also coordinate with other Federal Agencies as appropriate to make this determination and to correct any errors.

And if I send a request for more info I am receiving this email"
We received your submission. Documents are processed in the order of receipt and remain in a "pending paperwork" status until they have been reviewed and verified as complete. No further action by you is required at this time. To that end, please do not resend. The website will not be updated until your documents have been reviewed by the triage team. Moreover, the message will not change until the documents are uploaded from the holding queue. Your request for redress will be reviewed and you will receive a final determination in writing. Reviews of requests for redress take a minimum of 30 business days.

Is allready more than a year

Niall.Rice
Newly Registered

Post by Niall.Rice » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Normann is the name I've heard also