ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my Previous studies in scotland effect my canada visa?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

icecool
- thin ice -

Will my Previous studies in scotland effect my canada visa?

Post by icecool » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi there,i am currently studying in scotland(U.K) after my completion of my studies here in scotland im planning to go to canada on a student visa to complete my degree for 3 years.So i was just asking that will my studies in scotland effect my student visa application for canada?Someone just told me that if i completed my previous studies in scotland than canadian immigration officer might think that im not a serious student and may not return to my home country,he also said that immigration officer might think that i had overseas experience already by studying in scoltand than why i want to go overseas again to study in canada?

More than that i have 2 years of gap in my studies because i was ill but now im fine and studying in scotland towards my NQ qualification.

My main question to all the immigration experts is that weather my previous studies in scotland will become a factor for the rejection of my student visa for canada?

Maxies
Newly Registered

Post by Maxies » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:07 am

It's all depends where you from and kinds of studies you have followed.

For instance, if you have bachelor degree want to do master degree, it should be fine.

If you already have a master degree and want to do another one in Canada, Immigration authorities may find that suspicious and deny a student visa unless you explain them how important this master is for you. Hard task. Be honest with them.