ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1G In person appointment question - pls. help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpaspirant2008

Tier 1G In person appointment question - pls. help

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi experts,

Can anyone answer the following questions please,

I am going for my extension to Tier 1 General, currently I am under HSMP since Jan 2008 (entered UK Mar 2008).

1. I have got a In person appointment with Sheffield PEO in Jan. Do I have to take my dependants (wife and 5 year old child) along with me?.

2. Have anyone had recent success getting an extension beyond 3 years to cover for the gap between the visa date and date of entry? about 45 days shortfall for me. If so, how did you request it?

I am starting to fill out the forms and hopefully will finish in next couple of days.

Best wishes and good luck to all who are applying for new visas and extensions.

Regards.

billa_sss
Newly Registered

See answers inline

Post by billa_sss » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:24 am

Hi

I am going for my extension to Tier 1 General, currently I am under HSMP since Jan 2008 (entered UK Mar 2008).

1. I have got a In person appointment with Sheffield PEO in Jan. Do I have to take my dependants (wife and 5 year old child) along with me?.
[Billa_sss]
If they can accompany you it would be great. Otherwise it is not mandatory to bring them along with you when you apply in person, But sometimes case worker might ask you? So be prepared to answer them.

2. Have anyone had recent success getting an extension beyond 3 years to cover for the gap between the visa date and date of entry? about 45 days shortfall for me. If so, how did you request it?

[Billa_sss] Always extension would be given three years from your current end of visa expiry. for example If your visa expires around 1st of march 10, you apply in person on 15th december 09, you extension in your passport would be stamped till 1st march 2013. Anyway case worker will tell you the grant dates before stamping on your visa, if you have any confusion you can clarify with them regarding the dates.

[Billa_sss] All the best, feel free to ask question.

vks

Re: See answers inline

Post by vks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:07 am

billa_sss wrote:Hi

[Billa_sss]
If they can accompany you it would be great. Otherwise it is not mandatory to bring them along with you when you apply in person, But sometimes case worker might ask you? So be prepared to answer them.

[Billa_sss] Always Not a rule, but most of the time the visa will be extended from the end date extension would be given three years from your current end of visa expiry. for example If your visa expires around 1st of march 10, you apply in person on 15th december 09, you extension in your passport would be stamped till 1st march 2013. Anyway case worker will tell you the grant dates before stamping on your visa, if you have any confusion you can clarify with them regarding the dates.

Regards,
vks

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:26 am

VKS, I guess you mean, Visa will either be extended from date of expiry or in a few cases from the date of application (which is incorrect)

I do not think it is possible to get it for more than 3 years as the OP has asked? Are you saying one can get it for more than 3 years?
vks wrote:

[Billa_sss]

[Billa_sss] Always Not a rule, but most of the time the visa will be extended from the end date extension would be given three years from your current end of visa expiry. for example If your visa expires around 1st of march 10, you apply in person on 15th december 09, you extension in your passport would be stamped till 1st march 2013. Anyway case worker will tell you the grant dates before stamping on your visa, if you have any confusion you can clarify with them regarding the dates.

vks

Post by vks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:44 am

Master_Blaster wrote:VKS, I guess you mean, Visa will either be extended from date of expiry or in a few cases from the date of application (which is incorrect) This is the statement I meant

I do not think it is possible to get it for more than 3 years as the OP has asked? Are you saying one can get it for more than 3 years? You are correct that one would not be granted extension more than 3 years for HSMP extension and 2 years for Tier1 extension.
vks wrote:

[Billa_sss]

Regards,
vks

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Many thanks to all who replied.

Called BIA helpline and they had informed that family members (with the exception of any > 18 year old children) are not needed to accompany the applicant.

Looks like i will have to go for another extension before becoming eligible for ILR.

Thanks.
vks wrote:
Master_Blaster wrote:VKS, I guess you mean, Visa will either be extended from date of expiry or in a few cases from the date of application (which is incorrect) This is the statement I meant

I do not think it is possible to get it for more than 3 years as the OP has asked? Are you saying one can get it for more than 3 years? You are correct that one would not be granted extension more than 3 years for HSMP extension and 2 years for Tier1 extension.
vks wrote:

[Billa_sss]

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:47 pm

hsmpaspirant2008 wrote:Many thanks to all who replied.

Called BIA helpline and they had informed that family members (with the exception of any > 18 year old children) are not needed to accompany the applicant.

Looks like i will have to go for another extension before becoming eligible for ILR.

Thanks.
vks wrote:

vks wrote:
The visa should be extended from the date of your current visa expiry but sometime the case workers or home office staff are not aware about this rule.

Recently one of my client had his visa stamped from the date of application which was 33 days before the date of his visa expiry. He would have required another extension for this shortage.

The poor guy came out of the Liverpool home office building and told me about his visa stamping. I advised him to go back and tell them his visa stamp is wrong and that should have been extended from the expiry date.

He had lots of problem to convince the HO staff (who check the documents etc). They said it is not possible and there is no way his visa can be extended from the expiry date. At the end he found a nice chap who listened to his plea and decided to double check the rule from his seniors.

Luckily, the senior was aware of this rule and said the first stamp is wrong. They cancelled the original stamping from the date of application and issued the new visa from the expiry date.

So, moral of the story is. Try Try again.

Hope that is helpful for all those who are planning to extend soon.

Cheers

billa_sss
Newly Registered

I disagree with you

Post by billa_sss » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 am

I had the similar situation, but my case worker asked me when is my current visa expires Feb 10, then case worker found that the visa granted date till 23rd dec 2012 was wrong. Before even I inform her, she corrected it and asked me to verify it before I receive my document. Still I hold incorrect printed grant letter which is till 23rd dec 12. but my visa is granted till Feb 13. they even ask everyone to check their granted dates,names in the document before even leave that place. So I think your friend should have taken time to check these details before collecting the document or the grant letter. That would have helped him/her. I think mostly case workers are very helpful and he/ she should have approached the case worker immediately if the document is not correct.

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: I disagree with you

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:57 am

This is good information.

Thanks
billa_sss wrote:I had the similar situation, but my case worker asked me when is my current visa expires Feb 10, then case worker found that the visa granted date till 23rd dec 2012 was wrong. Before even I inform her, she corrected it and asked me to verify it before I receive my document. Still I hold incorrect printed grant letter which is till 23rd dec 12. but my visa is granted till Feb 13. they even ask everyone to check their granted dates,names in the document before even leave that place. So I think your friend should have taken time to check these details before collecting the document or the grant letter. That would have helped him/her. I think mostly case workers are very helpful and he/ she should have approached the case worker immediately if the document is not correct.

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Alright, very appropriate thread you have chosen, thanks HOPE :roll:
HOPE-2010 wrote:Hello Guys
This is hope here; I am one the genuine student of Cambridge College of Learning who did post graduate study there. I have refused PSW visa in Oct 2008 and they gave appeal right, I had applied for appeal and won the case twice in AIT Tribunal and after that in High court as well. I have some sort of evidence that I got form Cambridge College of Learning on the occasion of my enrolment, called admission pack. That shows, the Cambridge College has offered PG Diploma in various subjects. I would like to help those students who are genuine and trapped in this scam.
Please contact me at XXXXXXXXXX (only genuine students)