ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Taken Oath of fidelity to the nation yesterday...

Sending all infos next week plus a letter stating the urgency of the certificate by the end of January 2010.

Anyhow good luck to you'll still waiting, you turn will come surely soon.

Nana (The girl to bitch)

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:47 pm

hi Ashawna,
do you mind to shed some light on SW letter, when i applied for stamp 4 based on eu spouse, i went to sw office with printed letter that i never was on sw and guy in windows stamp and signed for me,
but now for inis office yesterday one of my friend told me someone known to him did get letter from sw and post to inis but so far i dont know how and where from i can get that letter,
AShawna wrote:Still waiting patiently...

Timeline:

Applied and acknowledged Aug 07
Add Docs requested sent and acknowledged Mar 09

Called back several times and was told they are waiting on 'outside agencies'. Finally got through to a lady one day that told me the Grada report came in but not the social welfare report. Lady advised that I got my local social welfare office and request a report myself and post it in to them in Tipp. I did as advised.

Welfare report sent Nov 09
Welfare report acknowledged Dec 09

I have called back once since then and was told the application is in the 'final stages' and its 'ready for submission to the minister for a decision'...vague...

So thats the story so far. I'm hoping for a Christmas present... 8)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Hey Flatpack,

Here's the number 01 704 3000 (ask for the records department), you need to have your PPS number and know all the security you gave them when you did ask for a PPS (mainly mother's name, your date of birth).

Now you need to request a letter confirming if you are receiving any employment benefits or social benefits under your PPS number.

They will send you this letter via post with a state/official envelop (which you should keep and forward to INIS along with the letter contained in it....This is for sake of clarity). Do not destroy the envelop containing SSW letter, send that envelop along with the letter....OR present it at INIS.

NOTE:
Always send by registered post and also always make copied.

Also, it is not difficult to get the number I just gave you...you could have used the internet using google or dial 11811 and ask them....A bit of effort buddy.

Good luck,

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

flatpack wrote:hi Ashawna,
do you mind to shed some light on SW letter, when i applied for stamp 4 based on eu spouse, i went to sw office with printed letter that i never was on sw and guy in windows stamp and signed for me,
but now for inis office yesterday one of my friend told me someone known to him did get letter from sw and post to inis but so far i dont know how and where from i can get that letter,
AShawna wrote:Still waiting patiently...

Timeline:

Applied and acknowledged Aug 07
Add Docs requested sent and acknowledged Mar 09

Called back several times and was told they are waiting on 'outside agencies'. Finally got through to a lady one day that told me the Grada report came in but not the social welfare report. Lady advised that I got my local social welfare office and request a report myself and post it in to them in Tipp. I did as advised.

Welfare report sent Nov 09
Welfare report acknowledged Dec 09

I have called back once since then and was told the application is in the 'final stages' and its 'ready for submission to the minister for a decision'...vague...

So thats the story so far. I'm hoping for a Christmas present... 8)

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 am

flatpack wrote:hi Ashawna,

Nanette's explanation says it all. I physically went to the social welfare office of my current address, I didnt have to go to previous addresses. I didnt get the letter that day, I was told it would be posted to me. I got the letter about a week later, made a copy of it for my records and sent it on to INIS.

Hope that answers your question.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 am

thanx for quick reply,

Obanta2009
Newly Registered

Post by Obanta2009 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 am

I have just received a refusal letter from the Immigration service stating refusal is on ground of questionable character. Unfortunately I don’t think I was guilty of the reasons stated in the letter but the question is what to do next. Reasons for refusal - Altercation with drunken people. I was actually attacked by a group of drunken people and they were even meant to be prosecuted by the state.
2 - Driving a car without road tax- My licence was actually stolen by a guy who was already banned. On realising what happened I sent a letter to Garda Superintendent giving details of the offender and offering to testify because the guy stole my licence when it arrived at my old address.
My question is do I just reapply stating all this or go see a Solicitor. Please recommend a good solicitor if you know one?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:24 am

Very sad to hear that Obanta2009. Try writing them a letter stating your reasons, let's see what they come back with. You can also try seeing your local TD.

Hope for the best to you.

crown

Post by crown » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:43 am

Please does anyone know why DoJ asks for bank statements while processing citizenship applications? They have just asked a friend for this after previously requesting for tax clearance and pay slips
What happens if the bank account is overdrwn to the max which has been the case for the past few months
Thanks
Crown

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:49 pm

i dont think overdrawn is problem doj want to see pay in your bank account, but you can never be certain about doj,
crown wrote:Please does anyone know why DoJ asks for bank statements while processing citizenship applications? They have just asked a friend for this after previously requesting for tax clearance and pay slips
What happens if the bank account is overdrwn to the max which has been the case for the past few months
Thanks
Crown

mad

Post by mad » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi!

A friend of mine had a similar issue. His finances were not in order. Therefore, the DOJ didn't refuse his application but deferred his application for 1 year and told him to get his bank account into the black by then.

Can you borrow some money from a friend for a small period to put your account into the black.

crown

Post by crown » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:14 pm

mad wrote:Hi!

A friend of mine had a similar issue. His finances were not in order. Therefore, the DOJ didn't refuse his application but deferred his application for 1 year and told him to get his bank account into the black by then.

Can you borrow some money from a friend for a small period to put your account into the black.
Thanks guys for the info
Mad, how did your friend know he was not given because of his low finance. Did DOJ write him a letter? Was he free from social ?
Thanks
Crown

yelims

Post by yelims » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:39 pm

nanette wrote:Taken Oath of fidelity to the nation yesterday...

Sending all infos next week plus a letter stating the urgency of the certificate by the end of January 2010.

Anyhow good luck to you'll still waiting, you turn will come surely soon.

Nana (The girl to bitch)
congrats nanette :)

i did the oath on 1st December and sent docs of on the same day

there was about 2 dozen other people who seem to be doing same that day

now will wait for cert

mad

Post by mad » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:57 am

Yes the DOJ sent him a letter stating that he should put his finances in order and he didn't have any social welfare claims and this happened in 2005-2006

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Hey Crown,

it does not matter if your account is empty, they want to see income transactions, that you actually receive money in your current account.

So They check p21, payslips and verify that the money you have listed on your payslip actually went into your account.

When I sent my statement (current account), it did not have much money in it but listed all income-pay in it (the 3 payslips I submitted).

If what you are earning is what they see in your current bank statement, you should be fine.

nana (The paddy girl to bitch)

crown wrote:Please does anyone know why DoJ asks for bank statements while processing citizenship applications? They have just asked a friend for this after previously requesting for tax clearance and pay slips
Thanks
Crown

NearlyIrish

Change of spousal stamp from 1 to 4 post citizenship

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Folks,

Not sure if this the place to ask the following question but I searched the Index but couldn't find anything more appropriate.

I finally received my Citizenship certificate last week and I'm so relieved.

My question is my wife is currently on a Spousal permit with Stamp1 which is due to expire on the 27th of Dec. I'm just wondering if I can visit GNIB with my Citizenship certificate to get her status changed to a Stamp4 and what other docs will be required?

Thanks in advance

NearlyIrish = NowIrish

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Change of spousal stamp from 1 to 4 post citizenship

Post by nanette » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Folks,

Not sure if this the place to ask the following question but I searched the Index but couldn't find anything more appropriate.
NearlyIrish wrote:I finally received my Citizenship certificate last week and I'm so relieved.
LUCKY YOU...SENDING MY FILES AND MONEY 950 euros tomorrow.......DARN, another month to go

My question is my wife is currently on a Spousal permit with Stamp1 which is due to expire on the 27th of Dec. I'm just wondering if I can visit GNIB with my Citizenship certificate to get her status changed to a Stamp4 and what other docs will be required?

Thanks in advance

NearlyIrish = NowIrish[/quote]

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi Nanette,
I had me naturalisation certificate and got the stamp changed for me spouse from Stamp 1 to stamp 4.
Regards
Tiggs

Deception-shy

GARDA REPORT

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Guys,

I submitted my application on April-2007, and they have everything except the GARDA Report. Immigration dept requested for GARDA Report in October-2008 and when they did not receive till October-2009, they sent reminder. I dont know how long it would take to get the GARDA Report.

Can any one help me how to follow up with this GARDA Report?
Is there any subsitute like Social Welfare report? like applying for GARDA report and submitting to the immigration dept?

Please advice

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: GARDA REPORT

Post by nanette » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:07 pm

You'll have to wait for this unfortunatly...But it should not take this long now i guess.

Nanette (The Girl to Bitch)

Deception-shy wrote:Guys,

I submitted my application on April-2007, and they have everything except the GARDA Report. Immigration dept requested for GARDA Report in October-2008 and when they did not receive till October-2009, they sent reminder. I dont know how long it would take to get the GARDA Report.

Can any one help me how to follow up with this GARDA Report?
Is there any subsitute like Social Welfare report? like applying for GARDA report and submitting to the immigration dept?

Please advice

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:15 pm

Nanette, thanks for your reply.

Do they have better facility to get the GARDA reports quickly?

nanette
Member of Standing

Place of Birth in your Irish passport

Post by nanette » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 am

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has received their passport with the place of birth stating exactly where you were brn rather than IATA code representing the country where you were born.

Example:
Place of Birth: Danemark

and not
Place of Birth: DNK

I hate the political or administration reasons behind this, I am hoping that the government changed this as the same for the irish born....It is a political diarrhea of the mouth.

Thanks,
Nana (The Girl to bitch)

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:12 am

All new Irish passports with chips have the three letter country code, including those issued to people born in Ireland.

We've been through this perceived discrimination before.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:19 am

Hi Lost Soul,

thanks for this clarification...I yield the remaining of time.

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

Lost Soul wrote:All new Irish passports with chips have the three letter country code, including those issued to people born in Ireland.

We've been through this perceived discrimination before.

realgunner

Citzenship

Post by realgunner » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:26 pm

My application nearly 3 years now and not a single response from them in last 2 years. One of the worse immigration system in the world. If i applied as a asylum i would had the citzenship by now. Now i have no job so my application is delayed for another year.

Deception-shy

Re: Citzenship

Post by Deception-shy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:08 am

realgunner wrote:My application nearly 3 years now and not a single response from them in last 2 years. One of the worse immigration system in the world. If i applied as a asylum i would had the citzenship by now. Now i have no job so my application is delayed for another year.

I know...This is THE worst immigration system in the world.
I know guys who have received citizenship wouldn't want to comment on this, but those who are waiting for no reason would feel the burnt.

Why on earth they need to take so long to process an application? Anyway, all we need to do is to forget about this and get on with our life, and one fine day you'll get an surprise :-)

Have fun....