ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Benefit - The change of circumstances

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newagenow
Newly Registered

Housing Benefit - The change of circumstances

Post by newagenow » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:13 pm

I am a British Citizen who married in Serbia in June last year. My wife got her ENTRY CLEARANCE VISA in December last year. She still hasn't arrived here and she will come in a couple of weeks. Do I have to inform Housing Benefit now, or when she comes? I am just filling in my fresh Housing Benefit renewal claim form. Please can you answer as soon as possible. Thank you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi, no need to tell them before your wife actually starts living in your residence.
John

newagenow
Newly Registered

Housing Benefit clarification

Post by newagenow » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:05 pm

John wrote:Hi, no need to tell them before your wife actually starts living in your residence.
Dear John. Thank you very much for your fast reply. It is actually so urgent. I can't believe it is such a good news. Are you sure? We got married on 9th of June last year. She has been granted Entry Clearance Visa on 10th December last year. The deadline for submitting my Housing Benefit Claim is 16th of January this year. If I submit my form, with the opening question- 'Do you have a partner who normally lives with you'- NO, may I still fill in Change of Circumstances Form, upon her arrival in mid January?
Sorry to bother you once again, but it is of great importance for me.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:10 am

I think that is exactly what you should do. The answer to their partner question now is "No", but you do indeed need to fill in a change of circumstances form as soon as she is living there with you.
John

newagenow
Newly Registered

Post by newagenow » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:03 am

John wrote:I think that is exactly what you should do. The answer to their partner question now is "No", but you do indeed need to fill in a change of circumstances form as soon as she is living there with you.
Dear John, thank you so much. You helped me here on the site with your fast replies, and I am genuinely grateful. It is an serious, well- managed and much needed place where people can share their experiences with others and your answers in particular are of greatest help. I will let you know about situation in a due course. Meanwhile all the best to you and other moderators and members of this site. It is a relief, to say the least.