ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timescale after appeal allowed?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ice
Newly Registered

Timescale after appeal allowed?

Post by ice » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi All,

I am in uk on hsmp visa. My mother applied for visit visa from Islamabad in April 2009 but she was refused. We applied for appeal and the hearing took place in London in mid November. We won the appeal and I got the judgement in writing by the end of November.
Can somebody guide me about the next steps and timescale these days?

Thanks
Ice

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 pm

The same notification would be sent to the post from where you applied.

In Pakistan it can take anything from2-4 months before you recieve a phone call/letter asking to take your passport.TB certificate,to Fedex for the visa to be stamped, thus allowing you travel to UK

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:48 pm

My mother-in-law is also in similar situation after her visit visa was refused back in April and then appeal was allowed in early November.

We've also received the determination but no call letter or phone call so far. My understanding is that after she'll receive a call letter and resubmit her passport, it can still take up to 2 months for BHC to stamp the visa and return the passport back.

batleykhan - I don't think a TB certificate is required for a visit visa.

ice
Newly Registered

Post by ice » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Thanks for the reply. I received the judgement through my solicitor. But my mother did not receive any judgement. She just received the refusal from embassy in May 2009.
The AIT sent the judgement to my solicitor and a copy to the embassy. My understanding is that she will receive a letter from embassy asking her to re-submit her passport now?

Thanks for your time.

ice
Newly Registered

Post by ice » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:04 pm

We've also received the determination but no call letter or phone call so far. My understanding is that after she'll receive a call letter and resubmit her passport, it can still take up to 2 months for BHC to stamp the visa and return the passport back.
Did you receive the determination only in UK or your mother in law also received a copy?

Thanks.

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 pm

She recieved a copy too...

I don't think that's a big problem as long as you have recieved the determination here in the UK. It could have been lost in the post in Pak or they don't send a copy of determination to the applicant if you appeal through a solicitor.

In terms of call letter, they will try to send you an email if you provided them with one. Otherwise they will call your mother or send a letter in the post.

ice
Newly Registered

Post by ice » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Yes it sounds logical that the tribunal sent the judgement to the solicitor only. Now the long wait has started for the letter/phone/email from embassy to resubmit the passport. I hope to get it in this month or the next.