ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Leave under Tier 1 from HSMP - Qualifications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

transporter
Newly Registered

Extension of Leave under Tier 1 from HSMP - Qualifications

Post by transporter » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi,

My 2 year HSMP approvals is coming to an end in the beginning of Feb 2010. i am preparing the documents to be send for Extension of Leave under Tier 1. To my shock i have realised that my Degree Certificate is no longer with me and i am unable to find it.

My question now is does the Degree Certifiate need to be send along with the current application. I recollect having read that if points have been claimed for qualifications for the same degree during the initial HSMP application , then the proof of Qualifications is not required while making the extension application.

please confirm.

regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:49 pm

You should be fine as per the Application from.. You do not need to send your educational proof and check the below option..
S4. Please tick to confirm the documents that the applicant has sent as supporting
evidence of the qualification for which he/she is claiming points. (The applicant should
refer to the Tier 1 (General) Policy guidance to establish the circumstances in which
documents other that the original certificates of award will be accepted.)

Original certificate of award
Original academic reference from awarding body and Original academic transcript
Original academic reference alone
Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial HSMP application

transporter
Newly Registered

Post by transporter » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:You should be fine as per the Application from.. You do not need to send your educational proof and check the below option..
S4. Please tick to confirm the documents that the applicant has sent as supporting
evidence of the qualification for which he/she is claiming points. (The applicant should
refer to the Tier 1 (General) Policy guidance to establish the circumstances in which
documents other that the original certificates of award will be accepted.)

Original certificate of award
Original academic reference from awarding body and Original academic transcript
Original academic reference alone
Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial HSMP application
Hi,

I had also contacted UKBA Helpline in the meantime and the Information given by the Agent was not encouraging. She said since the initial HSMP approval was done outside UK, then the proof for qualifications are required to be submitted. ( In my case all the documents were sent to the UK office for verification during the initial HSMP approval and the UK Consulate in India had issued the Visa).

when i mentioned about the guidelines, she checked with some one and said it really depends on the case worker and advised to write a covering letter as to why the Degree certificate was not submitted.
Confusing !!!

regards

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 pm

transporter wrote: Hi,

I had also contacted UKBA Helpline in the meantime and the Information given by the Agent was not encouraging. She said since the initial HSMP approval was done outside UK, then the proof for qualifications are required to be submitted. ( In my case all the documents were sent to the UK office for verification during the initial HSMP approval and the UK Consulate in India had issued the Visa).

when i mentioned about the guidelines, she checked with some one and said it really depends on the case worker and advised to write a covering letter as to why the Degree certificate was not submitted.
Confusing !!!

regards
I think, you are worrying unnecessarilly.

Most of people applying for extension to Tier1 these days are having their initial leave as HSMP. It's clearly mentioned in guidance that, if you have using same qualification as initial application, you don't need to provide it's proof.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:48 pm

I agree with above post, why you are worrying unnecessarily. If you provided it during your HSMP approval which in 99% cases you have to submit for intial HSMP approval and also there is a column saying that you dont need to in case you did before, why you need to do it again?

Provide them with details only if asked, if they have any doubts they will contact you back. In the mean time, try asking university back home if they can provide duplicate certificate copy or atleast start the process.

Go ahead with the application,don't panic.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:25 pm

As the per the rules the certificate is not required. Nothing to worry.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:34 pm

transporter wrote:Hi,

Confusing !!!

regards
I agree with Ramesh and other members. For the sake of your mental satisfaction you can mention the same in your cover letter. Statement in cover letter should go like this " As per Guidance notes Page X point YY I am not submitting my Degree Certificate since I have used the same for my initial approval."