ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension while I am yet not settled in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Isbdian
Newly Registered

HSMP extension while I am yet not settled in UK

Post by Isbdian » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 am

Hello Everybody,

I am granted HSMP visa in 2008. I have visited UK twice to secure work in UK afterwards but failed due to unfavourable economic conditions and due to some unavoidable personal circumstances.

My HSMP is going to expire in 2010. I would like to know if there is a way that I can get extension in my current HSMP visa validity.

In case it is not possible, can I reapply under Tier-1 category? I still meet all requirements for Tier-1 application. Please suggest what should be my course of action now?

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP extension while I am yet not settled in UK

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:00 am

Isbdian wrote:Hello Everybody,

I am granted HSMP visa in 2008. I have visited UK twice to secure work in UK afterwards but failed due to unfavourable economic conditions and due to some unavoidable personal circumstances.

My HSMP is going to expire in 2010. I would like to know if there is a way that I can get extension in my current HSMP visa validity.

In case it is not possible, can I reapply under Tier-1 category? I still meet all requirements for Tier-1 application. Please suggest what should be my course of action now?

Regards
You can get your current visa extended if you can earn enough points through Earnings, maintenance funds, and other categories.. (mainly the earnings part)..

if not YES you can re apply for fresh Tier1(G) visa.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:30 am

Earnings should be in UK or through UK employer.

FLR

Post by FLR » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh,

This is interesting to know that if his application is refused he can then apply a new application, although I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone before or if this is an assumption?

Also, if he knows that his extension is going to be refused as he's not been living in UK and haven't worked here, why should he waste money in applying for extension, will it not be good to apply as new applicant instead, to save time and money?

Just my thoughts...