ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anuje
Newly Registered

visitor visa query

Post by anuje » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi,
I would like to invite my mother for a visit. I am ILR holder. I will appreciate if someone can clarify the doubts i have.

- me and my wife lives in privately rented 2 bedroom flat (+ 1 living room) with our 2.5 year old child ( British citizen). if i invite my mother will it be considered overcrowding?? as the number of people living in the flat will be 3.5

- apart from showing property,savings,relatives back home, how else my mum ( housewife) can demonstrates strong ties with home country??? and the intention that she wants to return back after few months

Thanks very much and happy new year to you all
anu

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:22 pm

The living room counts as another room so technically you have three rooms. So your accommodation is suitable.
I tell it like it is.

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:14 pm

In terms of 'strong ties' Home Office normally considers only family ties or financial (Job, property, business etc) ties towards this condition.