ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Common Immigration Officer Questions For Spouses

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AzimScot

Common Immigration Officer Questions For Spouses

Post by AzimScot » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:10 am

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of remember from memory the type of questions asked when handing over your passport?

I'd imagine what is the purpose of your visit? what is your husbands/wife's name and where does he live and what does he do/company he works for? Do you have any qualifications?

Any more please be welcome.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:26 am

AzimScot

The questions wont be anything you can't answer if your relationship is genuine, so why worry?

and yes those are the sort of questions they would ask if you did get an interview, although they would prob be scrutinising the iformation on the application, and maybe some questions they will ask out of interest.
???REUNITED???

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:14 pm

The reason I ask is because the person coming has never been to the UK or outside her village or had much experience of city life and will most likely seem daunted with questions and feel nervous and may lose her confidence to answer and IMO may get suspicious as she doesn't know any English we are hoping there will be a translator by there usually is I understand.

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:37 am

If as you say she doesn't know any English how would it help to know what they ask? The thing is there is no script.

Is she going to give random answers to questions?

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:08 pm

there is usually a translator.

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Don't worry Azim, there is always an interpreter present at the immigration counters so lack of English language knowledge won't be a problem.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Common Immigration Officer Questions For Spouses

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 am

AzimScot wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have a list of remember from memory the type of questions asked when handing over your passport?

I'd imagine what is the purpose of your visit? what is your husbands/wife's name and where does he live and what does he do/company he works for? Do you have any qualifications?

Any more please be welcome.
Your predictions are pretty acurate. Basically they'll ask things she should know if she knows you at all such as those that you mentioned above.
I tell it like it is.

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 pm

well when my wife came over she was asked about were I live in my city she only knew the city but not the town also they asked the nearest bank on the main road! How can someone in this country know the nearest bank on a particular road not even I knew living here all my life! Also, my dad was asked about the name of a mosque on the main road!

Diva
Newly Registered

Post by Diva » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Azim,

are we talking about when someone enters the UK? If so, two people who recently entered the UK were asked simple questions that anyone would be able to answer e.g. who has come to the airport to collect you, how was your flight, how do you like the weather so far...and the list could go on.

HTH