ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call from Recruitment Agency for IT Job

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

Call from Recruitment Agency for IT Job

Post by nm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:02 am

DA,

I had posted my profile on couple of job portals and got a call from abve mentioned saying that they have openings with xxxx company and he started asking about my customer, current cust.location, current reporting manager etc.etc. and he asked me do you have scheduled any interview
with any client.? and how the market now.? etc etc.

I dont knwo why they wanted all this as its not required for them.I told him that i can't provide details about the manager name and other details and can provide after getting offer.

Then he endup the call saying that his client will not process without the current reporting manager detail.

Iam bit concerned why they need all before processing the CV.?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Call from Recruitment Agency for IT Job

Post by gotcha » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:17 am

nm wrote:DA,

I had posted my profile on couple of job portals and got a call from abve mentioned saying that they have openings with xxxx company and he started asking about my customer, current cust.location, current reporting manager etc.etc. and he asked me do you have scheduled any interview

I dont knwo why they wanted all this as its not required for them.I told him that i can't provide details about the manager name and other details and can provide after getting offer.

Then he endup the call saying that his client will not process without the current reporting manager detail.

Go through this link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24349

You will get an idea.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Thanks mate, i came to know how it works.. :)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Call from Recruitment Agency for IT Job

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:24 pm

nm wrote:DA,

He was fishing for leads! Ur leaving, he gets ur managers name off u, contacts him and says ur leaving and he has lots of suitable replacements, never, ever trust these pimps.

They find and fill job holes, they are not interested in you, believe me.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 pm

These are fake companies who want to get details of other companies and want to get business. Never give any information to anyone. Just say you are not much linked with management team and do not know much. Some other companies may ask you what jobs have you applied recently, where and which posts. These are fake companies. I have recently made them fool. saying I have got offer from IBM, Deloitte and others. Thinking if I should job. Lol..