ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

origin of savings????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omeo_21

origin of savings????

Post by omeo_21 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:01 pm

hi everyone

I just started working again in july 2009 and a got a second job in october 2009 after i lost my job in febuary 2009.

Im going to apply for a fiance visa this january 2010. my question is i have a large amount of savings in my account. these savings were some of my parents who gave it to me during 2004 and the rest i built up on while i was working from 2007-2009 and as i lived at home didn't really have any expenses.
i just stated on my covering letter that these funds were accumulated over a number of years. is that enough to say or should i provide any more evidence??

thanks to those who answer :D

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Have your parents write a letter that says that the amount they gave you was a one-time gift. Then explain in your cover letter what you said here. Also provide bank statements to show where it came from.
I tell it like it is.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:14 pm

im originaly providing 5 months of bank statements from jan 2010 till september 2009. so i just need to provide an additional bank statement showing the money that came in that my parents gave me??

i dont have to show any bank statements from my job during 2007-2009??

i have already written a cover letter, will it be ok to add another one that just explains the finaces??

thanks for the quick reply, :D :D

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:18 pm

omeo_21 wrote:im originaly providing 5 months of bank statements from jan 2010 till september 2009. so i just need to provide an additional bank statement showing the money that came in that my parents gave me??

i dont have to show any bank statements from my job during 2007-2009??

i have already written a cover letter, will it be ok to add another one that just explains the finaces??

thanks for the quick reply, :D :D
If you have the bank statements that date back to when they gave this money to you, you can highlight it and explain. In my oppinion it would also be good to provide the bank statements that include your salary being paid in.

A letter explaining the fiances certainly couldn't hurt. If I were you however, I would have my parents write a letter explaining that this was a one time thing as your application can get refused for use of third party support, especially if the amount is quite significant.
I tell it like it is.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm

In my opinion you have no need to explain that your parents gave you money 5 years ago as it is not third party sponsorship. Nor do you have to provide statements to show how you saved money in the past.

They are only after recent statements and if necessary explanations of any oddities (eg large sums received, etc) covered by those recent statements.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:38 pm

djb123 wrote:In my opinion you have no need to explain that your parents gave you money 5 years ago as it is not third party sponsorship. Nor do you have to provide statements to show how you saved money in the past.

They are only after recent statements and if necessary explanations of any oddities (eg large sums received, etc) covered by those recent statements.
hehe when you put it that way, it sounds very logical. However, if I were applying I would be pretty mental and paranoid so I would want to explain everything.

OP of course it's up to you. You may just supply 3-6 months worth of bank statements and be fine. It's for your piece of mind really if you want to include all these letters and such.
I tell it like it is.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:03 am

Better to be paranoid etc etc....they do overlook the most logical of things so spell it out to them, then they have nothing to refuse it on!!! :wink:
???REUNITED???

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 am

prettypolitical wrote:Better to be paranoid etc etc....they do overlook the most logical of things so spell it out to them, then they have nothing to refuse it on!!! :wink:
hehe that's my thinking exactly.
I tell it like it is.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:08 pm

you only need to provide 6 months payslips and bank statements, if you have accumulated savings from before this, you have no need to explain where those savings came from, you only need to state that you have savings and provide a bank statement against those savings

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:01 pm

the only reason why i was concernd with this was because of this post that i found on another immigration forum.

Need some help please - My wifes Settlement Visa has just recently been refused due to one reason: Origin of Funds Paragrapgh 281 - this was basically because I had showed two Bank Statement one was a current Account which had a balance of £319.20 (low due to Wedding expenditure) and a Savings Account (High amount) which my parents initally had given me in 2000 and I every month used to save and transfer from Current Account to Savings Account.
My current employment was only since 06/2008 and a yearly income under 30K - so the ECO refused the application as he could not understand the money in my Savings account was high but only working for 18 months and mentioned no previous employment history was given (Vaf4a form did not ask this...!)

How do I prove the money in my Savings Account is half given to me by my parents in 2001 and the rest I have saved since then? I only provided Bank Statements for last 6 months which showed the above mentioned monthly transfers. Do I need to provide Bank Statement since 2001 also?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:04 pm

If you're worried, have your parents write a letter. They may or may not refuse you a visa based on high savings. You're not in the same situation as the applicant you quoted as you have been working for quite some time. Best of luck.
I tell it like it is.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:21 pm

omeo_21 wrote:the only reason why i was concernd with this was because of this post that i found on another immigration forum.

Need some help please - My wifes Settlement Visa has just recently been refused due to one reason: Origin of Funds Paragrapgh 281 - this was basically because I had showed two Bank Statement one was a current Account which had a balance of £319.20 (low due to Wedding expenditure) and a Savings Account (High amount) which my parents initally had given me in 2000 and I every month used to save and transfer from Current Account to Savings Account.
My current employment was only since 06/2008 and a yearly income under 30K - so the ECO refused the application as he could not understand the money in my Savings account was high but only working for 18 months and mentioned no previous employment history was given (Vaf4a form did not ask this...!)

How do I prove the money in my Savings Account is half given to me by my parents in 2001 and the rest I have saved since then? I only provided Bank Statements for last 6 months which showed the above mentioned monthly transfers. Do I need to provide Bank Statement since 2001 also?
was the sponsor in that other thread in the UK on a longterm visa of some kind?

I was out of work for 2 years before applying for my Fiance's visa and had only been back in work for 4 months when i applied, i had large savings (which is what I'd been living / travelling off) and they made no qualms about me having large savings and only 4 months income to show

I also only gave them the most recent statement on my savings account as there was no activity in the 6 months previous

but I'm a British Citizen by birth - so my tax records would have been fairly easy to check i guess if they had questions about where my savings had come from

it does just go to show that an ECO can use the thinnest of silly reasons to reject an application if they are having a bad day

p.s. if it is in any way possible for you to get married BEFORE you apply for the visa, i strongly suggest it - applying for FLR(M) and getting married in the UK is a major pain (and expensive)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah I totally agree with you Andy. Especially about the expensive part!
I tell it like it is.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:24 pm

hi andy my case is exactly similiar to yours can't beleive it :wink:

i was out of work for about 5 - 6 months before i apply for the fiance visa and when i apply i'll only be working 5 months in my first job and 3 months for second job that i have. got 2 jobs. got large savings (which is also what i been living on but didnt use much as im living at home) and when i apply i only have 3 months of both my joint jobs income 2 show.

i dont have a savings account, i jsut have one that has my savings in and my wages paid in to etc.. so all my bank statements show my savings

im a british citizen 2 by birth so my tax records will be able to be checked to.

so looking at what i said you think i'll be alright with just providing 5 months of my most recent bank and salary statments, without the need to explain anything about my savings ???

p.s i wanted to originally get married but the time to get married in my fiances country is around 4 months and i'll loose my work and then dont know if i'll be able to get another job especially in this economic climate. but i told them this on my cover letter

thanks alot :D btw andy how many bank statements did you provide them?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Omeo

Sorry if I am being disrespectful to you, but we have gone through this matter with you at least in 3 different posts in the last two months.

The last one being here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#316136

You are asking the same question, but by doing that you are probally going to get different answers from people which will even confuse you more than what you already are about this topic.

Like I have said to you previously, the ECO will put two and two together and will ask how you have managed to show a large balance when you have only started working recently or that you are on a low wage.

I have known people to have got their visa by showing as little as about £2,500 in savings.... but they could show it because they were genuine.
You still havent told me why your mum gave you this amount to put in your account. If its because she trusts you more than anybody else, than just point this out in the accompanying letter so the ECO understands where this money came from.

Its simple as that. Also I am sorry if you think I am angry with you. I am not: :roll:

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Yes, Omeo I noticed that you also posted this same question up in different forums. A lot of people have given you their opinion (including an OISC registered advisor) so now it's up to you to decide what you'll be doing. Good luck.
I tell it like it is.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 pm

hi batleykahn, yeh ur right im really confused :roll: andy was only working for a while and had been out of employment for 2 years but they ddint question his savings so yeh is confusing. lol

my parents gave me this money 5-6 years ago as a one of gift for my future, i built up on those saving for 1.5 years while i was working but then lost my employment in febuary 2009. its genuine money for me to use, im not keeping it for my parents or anything, its all for my use.

if my parents gave me that money 6 years ago its not going to cause me a problem, they not going to say its third party support?

i jsut write a letter saying my parents gave it me as a one of gift in 2004 and the rest i built on while i was working for 1.5 years and as i been livng at home i dont have much expenses, will that suffice?

i know i asked this question before but just bit nervous about it all but thanks to all of you for your time
Last edited by omeo_21 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:39 pm

i know i asked this question before but just bit nervous about it all but thanks to all of you for your time
I think you are worrying to much for nothing my friend. You will be ok,just do as per the advice from members and hopefully yoiyr fiancee will be with you before you can blink an eye. :lol: :wink: :)

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:50 pm

thaks batley khan,

if i just say tht my parents gve me in 2004 as one of gift and i built up on it 4 1.5 years will that be fine, they nt going to say its third party support??and i jsut give a statement from 2004 showing that money coming in

thats all i need answering ???

thanks so much 4ur help. u really been so kind and helpful, dnt know how to thank you or repay u

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Yes that should be enough if it was done 6 yrs ago.

The only time they would question it as being theird party support if the money was given to just shortly before you lodged an application.
thats all i need answering ???
Are you sure about that???? :lol:

Good luck by the way and keep us informed. By all means ask questions if you have any subsequent problemsin the future ( as long as you dont keep asking teh same question over and over again) :D

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 pm

lol any more questions, yeh i got another one, basically my ..... nah only kidding :lol:

thanks alot my friend, i keep u informed about the application hopefully god willing it be fine!! if i need anything else different i'll ask.

once again all the best with u and thanks so much u really been helpful to me :D :D

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi

Omer I have also advised you in some other forum as well.

For evidence of funds you can include an affidavit from you father that he has given you money few years ago.

But I dont think this would be a good idea as this would create undue suspect.Best would be to include one years bank statement.Showing reasonable balance.

UK_Banned_Member

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi UK_Banned_Member

u said it would creat undue suspect, can you elaborate further please??

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:55 pm

omeo_21 wrote:Hi UK_Banned_Member

I already replied to your question.

UK_Banned_Member

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:19 pm

omeo_21 wrote:Hi UK_Banned_Member

by undue suspect he means that the ECO reviewing your case will pay particular attention to the savings if you mention them and your parents' letter mentions them as well.
I tell it like it is.