ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa - Maintenance Funds:

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

whereami
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa - Maintenance Funds:

Post by whereami » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Everyone
Previously had HSMP visa for two years and now have been extended under Tier1 for further 3 years. My spouse is in Pakistan and about to apply for dependent visa. Just found out that she needs to show maintenance funds of £533 for last 3 consecutive months either in her name or in the name of main applicant (in this case, I).
Unfortunately, she has never run her bank account back in Pak and I had the balance reduced to £10 for one day back in December. This means, we'll have to wait another 2 months before she could apply her visa.
Can anyone please suggest if there is a way round this? I shall be grateful for your comments, anyway.
Thanks.

vks

Re: Dependent Visa - Maintenance Funds:

Post by vks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:26 pm

whereami wrote:Hi Everyone
Previously had HSMP visa for two years and now have been extended under Tier1 for further 3 years. My spouse is in Pakistan and about to apply for dependent visa. Just found out that she needs to show maintenance funds of £533 for last 3 consecutive months either in her name or in the name of main applicant (in this case, I).
Unfortunately, she has never run her bank account back in Pak and I had the balance reduced to £10 for one day back in December. This means, we'll have to wait another 2 months before she could apply her visa.
Can anyone please suggest if there is a way round this? I shall be grateful for your comments, anyway.
Thanks.
There is no work-around for this! You should also mind that you need to maintain £533+ £800, when you apply for your dependant.
Regards,
vks