ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:31 pm

John wrote:
No college provides attendance records while u study as it is for college record.
They do now, under Tier 4 arrangements, if they want to retain their Sponsor Licence.

Tier 4 much stricter than the former Student visas.
Yes John, U r right under Tier 4 now they do.
But Tier4 came after I completed my course. We are discussing here time,rules etc.. before Tier4. At that time as u agreed it was not that strict. No college was supposed to provide students their attendance records.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:59 pm

oilly wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
oilly wrote:By the way,
I'm not sure whether you guys have been awarded PG degree or diploma

according to
Qualifications that are not acceptable

Qualifications that cannot be used for the award of points include:

* foundation degrees;
* honorary degrees;
* qualifications awarded in the United Kingdom by overseas awarding bodies;
* qualifications undertaken in overseas campuses of United Kingdom institutions;
* professional and vocational qualifications; and
* postgraduate certificates or diplomas.
reference http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ification/

hope this help

If all of you guys are genuine, I wish you get PSW asap
Thanks Oily for ur help.
The link u provided it does not apply on us because this rule was implemented after 30 March2009 and our applications were submitted before 30 marc2009 with old rules and requirements.
And we were awared PG diplomas and that was the requirement.
Home Office has no objection with our PG Diploma. And finally I did study at college.
Thanks again for ur search to help us.
Well, in your case, I think it because this college has no right to provide any certificate themselves, must be in the name of recognised bodies as it show in the website that the degree or certificate will be given by uni of Sunderland and another ( London something university).

If you are a genuine student, then you are victim, and don't deserve deception therefore you should try to find the evidence that you have attended the class more that 80%, and if possible, show them that you work legally under your student visa such as pay slip and NI number.

I can't guarantee that they would provide you PSW but at least they might remove you from deception list.

No one had idea college is going to close. and No college was giving students attendance record beofre Tier4.
U can not prove it with ur payslips as no qualification wuold be judged true or false on the basis of payslips.
Proof of college offering course,any communication from college verifying u and ur own knowledge of that particular course will be ur case winner or loser tool.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 pm

Yes John, U r right under Tier 4 now they do.
But Tier4 came after I completed my course. We are discussing here time,rules etc.. before Tier4. At that time as u agreed it was not that strict. No college was supposed to provide students their attendance records.
Yes, but I don't apologise for posting that, if only to emphasise that what went on in the past would be more difficult now. For starters only holders of Sponsor Licence can issue documents for Tier 4, and yes, UKBA can therefore easily track how many licences each sponsor has issued. No way now can a sponsor issue say 5000 sets of visa documents when their premises are only sufficient to have a maximum of 500 students.
John

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 pm

How can i attach a file to my comments?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Sorry, the board software being used does not permit attachments.
John

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:42 pm

John wrote:Sorry, the board software being used does not permit attachments.
Thanks John. I have a file related to some topics. I cant paste,as it has few pages. Dont know how I can put it on the board.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:21 pm

It will depend upon the quality of the print, but might you be able to scan the documents and then put the file through an optical reader?

Or alternatively you put them up on the internet somewhere, then provide a link?
John

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm

John wrote:It will depend upon the quality of the print, but might you be able to scan the documents and then put the file through an optical reader?

Or alternatively you put them up on the internet somewhere, then provide a link?
ok. They already scanned. Which website does offer to link pages?

Thanks a lot for all help.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Google 'free online storage'
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:47 pm

but fellow member shud respect of others country,religion,race ,color etc.. dont u think that

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:14 pm

inwarsaw wrote:Google 'free online storage'
Thanks. will do.

oilly

Post by oilly » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
No one had idea college is going to close. and No college was giving students attendance record beofre Tier4.
U can not prove it with ur payslips as no qualification wuold be judged true or false on the basis of payslips.
Proof of college offering course,any communication from college verifying u and ur own knowledge of that particular course will be ur case winner or loser tool.
That's not true, I attended master degree from Southampton Solent university in 2008 and that was before tier 4 and the admin officer said that they have to record student attendance in order to report HO. And nobody in our course at that time hold Tier 4. the admin also said that if they do not provide HO students attendance, the school will be close.

believe me, I'm not trying to upset you but try to give you the most possible idea so you know what you are facing with.

And the thing about pay slip, my friend from Thailand has experience with that as the HO ask him to send his pay slip in order to prove that he did not work more that allowance after HO see the balance in his account. This Thai guy applied course at london school of commerce in 2008 and graduate in around march 2009. I can be wrong in this point but i just think that if you can show that you work not more than your allowance, they might trust you more.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:07 pm

oilly wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
That's not true, I attended master degree from Southampton Solent university in 2008 and that was before tier 4 and the admin officer said that they have to record student attendance in order to report HO. And nobody in our course at that time hold Tier 4. the admin also said that if they do not provide HO students attendance, the school will be close.

believe me, I'm not trying to upset you but try to give you the most possible idea so you know what you are facing with.

And the thing about pay slip, my friend from Thailand has experience with that as the HO ask him to send his pay slip in order to prove that he did not work more that allowance after HO see the balance in his account. This Thai guy applied course at london school of commerce in 2008 and graduate in around march 2009. I can be wrong in this point but i just think that if you can show that you work not more than your allowance, they might trust you more.
Oily,
I really appreciate ur real intention to help us.
I do believe u and every college admin has different procedures. But before April2009 there was not such requirement to send attendance record to Home Office. Only problem is that college is shut,no admin,no staff,nothing... Even we try to we still can not get attendance record. And also it all depends on situation. In our case as college is shut, they won't ask us to bring attendance record due to practical reasons. We cant create attendance record when college does not exist. Moreover if Home Office has any doubt with our attendance they can bring any proof to prove that. I do have proof of my attendance,a letter from my college saying my attendance throughout the course has been very good.

Secondly Payslip,if u think it can make difference,no problem. I can bring them.But Logically I dont think if they dont believe on college,even our payslips show 20 hours work or no work ,they wont believe.

oilly

Post by oilly » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:08 am

Raja,
I can't really help you to get psw as i do not work in HO and I am only a graduate student.
But all i can help is clearing your name from the deception list as I have seen my friends' cases before.

if i were you, i would try to find out if my college was bogus or not. if it was, then play a victim role, not a suspect role. I have tried to search for LCPS detail and i feel like it is bogus in my opinion ( maybe i was wrong).
you can call 0845 04 05 06 to find out your college status and get some advice
Other students who feel they have been misled by details shown on a college website or have discovered that they are studying for an unrecognised degree being offered via a UK college should keep a careful record of all letters, e-mails and other correspondence and seek advice from Consumer Direct on 0845 04 05 06 or via its web site.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/art ... ture.shtml

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

oilly wrote:Raja,
I can't really help you to get psw as i do not work in HO and I am only a graduate student.
But all i can help is clearing your name from the deception list as I have seen my friends' cases before.

if i were you, i would try to find out if my college was bogus or not. if it was, then play a victim role, not a suspect role. I have tried to search for LCPS detail and i feel like it is bogus in my opinion ( maybe i was wrong).
Other students who feel they have been misled by details shown on a college website or have discovered that they are studying for an unrecognised degree being offered via a UK college should keep a careful record of all letters, e-mails and other correspondence and seek advice from Consumer Direct on 0845 04 05 06 or via its web site.
Oily, First of all thanks again for ur help.
The above number which is 0845 04 05 06 if i am not wrong.
Dial this number and then put any comment, ok.
I have tried this number this number is wrong.

Secondly College is stil on listed bodies and its all previous students has been awarded PSW on same qualifications.
I phoned home office they have no doubt with college being real,lawful.Our PSW are refused becaz home office accused us of fake degree and deception.
Wtih college Home Office has no problem,I phoned and it was confirmed by one of Home Office advisor.

oilly

Post by oilly » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:

Secondly College is stil on listed bodies and its all previous students has been awarded PSW on same qualifications.
I phoned home office they have no doubt with college being real,lawful.Our PSW are refused becaz home office accused us of fake degree and deception.
Wtih college Home Office has no problem,I phoned and it was confirmed by one of Home Office advisor.
yes Raja,
I have told you that the listed bodies do not have right to award degree, it must be under the recognised body.

for example,
even if you were graduate from Kings college, which is under Cambridge Uni, Kings college can't award you degree, it must be Cambridge uni who award you.

another of my friends' case

my friend studied in wales college of medicine which is a listed body and her award certificate said it was awarded by Cardiff University which is a recognised body

Same as in your case,
From the website, LCPS claimed that the degree they provide is awarded by Uni of Sunderland therefore the degree awarded by this college is deception.
that's why I said you should do something with this college as you are one of the victims. Even the college is real but they provide deception certificate. hope you got what i mean

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:10 pm

oilly wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:

yes Raja,
I have told you that the listed bodies do not have right to award degree, it must be under the recognised body.

for example,
even if you were graduate from Kings college, which is under Cambridge Uni, Kings college can't award you degree, it must be Cambridge uni who award you.

my friend studied in wales college of medicine which is a listed body and her award certificate said it was awarded by Cardiff University which is a recognised body

Same as in your case,
From the website, LCPS claimed that the degree they provide is awarded by Uni of Sunderland therefore the degree awarded by this college is deception.
that's why I said you should do something with this college as you are one of the victims. Even the college is real but they provide deception certificate. hope you got what i mean
Oily,
Did u actually read my last comment or u in a rush of putting comments.
I will answer ur this above comment later.
First read my last comment again. Then put a comment.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 pm

oilly wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:

yes Raja,

for example,

Same as in your case,
This is from UKBA website to clarify u that LCPS has authority to issue PG Diplomas being a listed body.
Paras 45-81 deal with Attributes in more detail. Paras 44-53 explain how 20 points is to be awarded if an applicant has certain types of qualification. At para 50 the Guidance states that:

"United Kingdom postgraduate certificates or diplomas are acceptable for this requirement. It is not necessary for the awarding body to be a United Kingdom recognized body."
(As already noted, since March 2009 postgraduate certificates or diplomas are no longer acceptable: see HC 314. But they were at the time of the decisions)

Do try to learn dictionary meaning of Diploma and Degree as LCPS has never awarded any degree.

Now I am sure u know what i mean.

oilly

Post by oilly » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

i only try to help and explain
but all i get is sarcasm

I do not need to learn anything

no wonder why no one try to help in this thread anymore

that's fine

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Raja

You don't need to loose your temper if someone has a different opinion or view :)
It doesn't help. Oilly or anyone else who doesn't agree with you, only give their opinion which doesn't have to be the same as yours. None of the guys here is an immigration officer or something.

Thats the whole idea of a forum :wink:

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

inwarsaw wrote:Raja

You don't need to loose your temper if someone has a different opinion or view :)
It doesn't help. Oilly or anyone else who doesn't agree with you, only give their opinion which doesn't have to be the same as yours. None of the guys here is an immigration officer or something.

inwarsaw,oily,,,
I did not mean to upset anyone. As u agree that everyone has freedom of saying and we all are here to help each other.
Im sure if anyone's opinion or ideas or information is proved wrong,irrelevant,untrue,he should not mind or feel underestimated or discouraged rather they should take it useful and constructive.Moreover there is no win or lose game.
After all this explanation, if still my comments have caused anyone any sort of problem, I do apologize.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Aray yaar Raja tu har baat dil pe lay layta hay, take it easy man :)

oilly

Post by oilly » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:55 am

Inwarsaw
It's ok if Raja doesn't want to remove himself from the fraud list. I have already done my best to help but it seems like he prefer to protect his college rather than protect himself and that is none of my business.

Also if he believe that his certificate of award is genuine without listening to anyone, still none of my business.

love4share
Newly Registered

my friend got back up from LCPS

Post by love4share » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi raja
one of my friend got rejection for PSW from LCPS
then he contacted the college and they issued him the letter saying that they offered pgd and he was studying there
so what i suggest you that contact your college and get back up
LCPS has 3 branches 1 Luton 2 Degenham 3 London
London branch was open sometime in 2009 for a while and they did so many dodgy things thatsy why home office closed that branch
you need to prove from which branch you have done pgd

all the best

rajamahmood85 wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:Raja

inwarsaw,oily,,,
I did not mean to upset anyone. As u agree that everyone has freedom of saying and we all are here to help each other.
Im sure if anyone's opinion or ideas or information is proved wrong,irrelevant,untrue,he should not mind or feel underestimated or discouraged rather they should take it useful and constructive.Moreover there is no win or lose game.
After all this explanation, if still my comments have caused anyone any sort of problem, I do apologize.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Re: my friend got back up from LCPS

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:57 pm

love4share wrote:Hi raja
one of my friend got rejection for PSW from LCPS
then he contacted the college and they issued him the letter saying that they offered pgd and he was studying there
so what i suggest you that contact your college and get back up
LCPS has 3 branches 1 Luton 2 Degenham 3 London
London branch was open sometime in 2009 for a while and they did so many dodgy things thatsy why home office closed that branch
you need to prove from which branch you have done pgd

all the best
As far as I remember, his problem was not the question of college being genuine or not, it was whether the college offered the course which Raja claimed to have completed or not.