ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit complicated case

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Estera
Newly Registered

EEA family permit complicated case

Post by Estera » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm

hi guys
just to say thanx for any advice i got before

the thing is im a polish national i married my husband who is ghanian national in Ghana in August 2009 he did overstay his previous student visa couple of years in UK.after 3 years being together i forced him to sort his status here out so the only way was go back to ghana and apply for Fammily permit.

My question is im a polish national im working here and settled person since 4 years just got fear he might be refused visa on the ground of his previous overstay,he went back withoyt public funds i paid for ticklets.?

The other thing is he is stocked in ghana around 5 moths now cos his ghanian passport expired and he is waiting for new one,he will be apply for EEA hopefully soon Im sure he will have interviev as his case isnt straight forward my question is should i go for his interviev to ghana and just convience ECO face to face that is genuine to avoid any doubts as i ve read on refusal here and im scared?
thanx in advance for any advice

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:21 am

Did he overstay his visa after you both got married or was he illegal at the time of marriage ? in that case how did you get married ?

You don't need to go to Ghana I am pretty sure. If Home Office people need to ask you something, they can contact you in UK.

I honestly don't know how does the EEA Family Permit thing works from outside EU because I am sure its more difficult than when you apply within EU but if you both ever decide to move back to Poland, I will be able to give better and more specific advice.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€