ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds from One Single Account?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nonie
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds from One Single Account?

Post by nonie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:25 am

Hi...

I am really confused about maintenance funds. Do I have to show maintenance funds in one single account or can they be split between 2 different accounts? I have an account in UK which consistently has 1500GBP in the past 3 months. For the rest 1300GBP, I want to use my account in India. Is this possible or do I need to show funds in one single account?

If this is possible, then do I need to submit some letter showing conversion of INR into GBP?

Please help...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance funds from One Single Account?

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:07 am

nonie wrote:Hi...

I am really confused about maintenance funds. Do I have to show maintenance funds in one single account or can they be split between 2 different accounts? I have an account in UK which consistently has 1500GBP in the past 3 months. For the rest 1300GBP, I want to use my account in India. Is this possible or do I need to show funds in one single account?

If this is possible, then do I need to submit some letter showing conversion of INR into GBP?

Please help...
You can use multiple accounts for maintenance funds. Make sure to mention the same in your cover letter.

nonie
Newly Registered

Post by nonie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks for your response Chetan...

Do we need to submit any document for converting the INR bank balance into equivalent GBP?

chetanojha wrote:
nonie wrote:Hi...

Please help...
You can use multiple accounts for maintenance funds. Make sure to mention the same in your cover letter.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:20 am

nonie wrote:Thanks for your response Chetan...

Do we need to submit any document for converting the INR bank balance into equivalent GBP?
OANDA printout which show conversion rate of the date of application. You will not be using multilplication factor i.e. 5.3 in this case.

Other relevant link.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... unt#267759