ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mehendi for dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

mehendi for dependant visa

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 am

Hi,

I am going to apply dependant visa for my fiancée. I heard about biometric finger prints. So does it mean that she should not apply mehendi on her hands ? if so can she just apply on the top of her hand (I mean not the palm or fingers).

Is biometric taken the same day when applying ?

also if anyone has the sample for NOC from landlord and co residents, could you please share it ?

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:10 am

relevant link.

Check sticky for NOC and sample letters.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 am

thanks for htis.

will it be ok to apply mehendi on the top surface of the fingers ?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 am

krssubbu wrote:thanks for htis.

will it be ok to apply mehendi on the top surface of the fingers ?
No, it would be no problem, but, better wait and complete visa process first.

mpunaskar
United Kingdom

Post by mpunaskar » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:57 pm

krssubbu wrote: will it be ok to apply mehendi on the top surface of the fingers ?
My wife applied for dependent visa from india.We contacted Consulate about same issue and She was adviced that there shouldnt be anything on hands or fingers.Not even a slight mehendi dots on white surface of finger tips and palm.If there is small dot or anything similar, they will ask her to go back and come ONLY when there are no marks.

So make sure there isnt anything on her hand when she goes for visa/biometric test.

and Biometric test is taken on the same day as Visa application.There isnt any provision to give biometric first and then apply for visa after some days later (or vice-versa)

risingsun
Newly Registered

Re: mehendi for dependant visa

Post by risingsun » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:25 am

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

I am going to apply dependant visa for my fiancée. I heard about biometric finger prints. So does it mean that she should not apply mehendi on her hands ? if so can she just apply on the top of her hand (I mean not the palm or fingers).

Is biometric taken the same day when applying ?

also if anyone has the sample for NOC from landlord and co residents, could you please share it ?

Thanks
I would say what I saw at the VFS.

The day on which I applied, there was one girl also came in at VFS and she was having mehandi on her hands - palms and fingers.

When she approached payment counter, the payment officer checked her hands and suggested to remove mehandi and come back.

I am not sure is it OK if there is mehandi on the top side of the hands, but I would advise better not to unless it is absolutely necessary.

About biometrics, yes, they are taken on same day.
And as I said, the payment desk office checks fingers of applicants before even receiving VISA fees.

Thanks.