ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing times & redundancy

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sophiedb
Newly Registered

Processing times & redundancy

Post by sophiedb » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Dear all,

How long has everyone here found that it takes for naturalisation to be processed? I do know that the official line is "6 months or so", but what is your experience?

Edit: I have just found a bunch of posts saying 3-4 weeks is what happens when you're lucky/straightforward. We shall keep our fingers crossed for that!

This question is relevant, I promise :) My husband, a New Zealander who is eligible in every way, has recently been made redundant. Given the recession it wouldn't be unlikely that the complete lack of interviews (let alone job offers) isn't helped by his lack of UK citizenship. It shouldn't, but becoming naturalised can't hurt!

The second question is to do with the application form, which asks for details of your employer. What do you put when you've been made redundant? He's not even claiming benefits, yet. The old employer? Or mention the redundancy somewhere else in "additional info". There isn't a ticky box for "presently unemployed" :P

Many thanks for any replies and Happy New Year :)

Sophie