ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg. English Language Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Reg. English Language Requirement

Post by hs_sdm » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Hi All,

I finished my B.Sc degree in one university and Masters in another university. Both universities are recognised by NAARIC. I got the certificate for english language requirement from the first university (B.Sc. Degree). Is it enough ? or I have to get the certificate from the Univerisity, where I completed my Masters ?

Please advice.

Thanks
Prakash

push
United Kingdom

Re: Reg. English Language Requirement

Post by push » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:17 pm

hs_sdm wrote:Hi All,

I finished my B.Sc degree in one university and Masters in another university. Both universities are recognised by NAARIC. I got the certificate for english language requirement from the first university (B.Sc. Degree). Is it enough ? or I have to get the certificate from the Univerisity, where I completed my Masters ?

Please advice.

Thanks
Prakash
Check the points calculator if it awards you 10 points under the English Language section for the course you have done. The letter from the institution is not required
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

amit_uvce
Newly Registered

English Language

Post by amit_uvce » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi,
I am an MBA from IIT Delhi.

The points calculator can pick up this qualification from Database.
Can I use this degree for the Tier 1 General visa or it is mandatory to use the bachelor's degree for it?

Also, the points calculator gives me 10 points for this degree. DO I still need to get a letter from IIT to meet the English Language criteria OR is the letter not required.

Please advise.

Amit

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:56 pm

As long as the degree you are using to obtain required points is accepted by the calculator to fulfil English Language requirement, you don't need a letter from the University or to pass an English Language test.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: English Language

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:45 pm

amit_uvce wrote:Hi,
I am an MBA from IIT Delhi.

The points calculator can pick up this qualification from Database.
Can I use this degree for the Tier 1 General visa or it is mandatory to use the bachelor's degree for it?

Also, the points calculator gives me 10 points for this degree. DO I still need to get a letter from IIT to meet the English Language criteria OR is the letter not required.

Please advise.

Amit
You can use the same Masters Degree which is recognised by PBS for both education and english.. u dont need bachelors degree for english.. this is for those ppl whose masters degree do not give points for english..

amit_uvce
Newly Registered

Post by amit_uvce » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:08 am

Thanks Ramesh, that is very helpful