ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

invoices for independent contractors

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zabiela

invoices for independent contractors

Post by zabiela » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Members,

I couldn’t find the answer for this that’s why I’m starting the new thread, is there any specific format required for the invoices for independent contractors?

thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: invoices for independent contractors

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 pm

zabiela wrote:Members,

I couldn’t find the answer for this that’s why I’m starting the new thread, is there any specific format required for the invoices for independent contractors?

thanks
You can find invoice template on many websites. just google it. Invoice should contain information like company name,client, vat no. etc.

zabiela

Post by zabiela » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks Chetan

Since im working as an independent contractor do i still need VAT number (my clients are indian companies, while i'm based in UK) and also my income is below the threshold for tax.

I'm provding bank statements (from my indian bank account), invoices and letter from CA (itemising the income) supporting my application, do you think that would be enough?

Cheers

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:37 pm

zabiela wrote:Thanks Chetan

Since im working as an independent contractor do i still need VAT number (my clients are indian companies, while i'm based in UK) and also my income is below the threshold for tax.

I'm provding bank statements (from my indian bank account), invoices and letter from CA (itemising the income) supporting my application, do you think that would be enough?

Cheers
are you operating as limited company to bill your clients?

zabiela

Post by zabiela » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:00 pm

No, its just independent consulting as an individual