ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent's maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:08 pm

I was a student dependent in the UK for more than 12 months. I took a bachelor degree and qualified. The policy said student dependent must apply for PSW outside of UK, so I applied from my country of origin Malaysia and got my PSW. Then my dependent applied as a PSW dependent visa from outside of UK also. According to policy if the main applicant has been in the UK for more than 12 months, the maintenance fund is 533 + 800 GBP held in the bank for 3 months. But his application was refused because the ECO said the maintenance fee should be 1600+800 since I have not been in the UK for more than 12 months as a PSW. Meaning the duration I have been in the UK as a student dependent is not considered.Can anyone confirm if this is correct? Thanks.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Dependent's maintenance funds

Post by ash786 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:44 pm

fshhddn wrote:I was a student dependent in the UK for more than 12 months. I took a bachelor degree and qualified. The policy said student dependent must apply for PSW outside of UK, so I applied from my country of origin Malaysia and got my PSW. Then my dependent applied as a PSW dependent visa from outside of UK also. According to policy if the main applicant has been in the UK for more than 12 months, the maintenance fund is 533 + 800 GBP held in the bank for 3 months. But his application was refused because the ECO said the maintenance fee should be 1600+800 since I have not been in the UK for more than 12 months as a PSW. Meaning the duration I have been in the UK as a student dependent is not considered.Can anyone confirm if this is correct? Thanks.
1. Yes thats correct as u were not the main applicant in the UK in the past but the dependent.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks Ash. Your answer makes sense. But if you refer to the dependent policy guidance, paragraph 40 : If the tier1 migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, each family member of the tier1 migrant must have 533 to support himself/herself.
the 12 months could be anything as long as it is legal. When we applied, our last visas were still valid. Anyway, we have send in our appeal. Hope anyone who have gone through the same situation could share their experience with us. Thanks.

kulksnikhil1

Re: Dependent's maintenance funds

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 am

fshhddn wrote:Thanks Ash. Your answer makes sense. But if you refer to the dependent policy guidance, paragraph 40 : If the tier1 migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, each family member of the tier1 migrant must have 533 to support himself/herself.
the 12 months could be anything as long as it is legal. When we applied, our last visas were still valid. Anyway, we have send in our appeal. Hope anyone who have gone through the same situation could share their experience with us. Thanks.
thanks fshhddn for sharing this experience ... I am almost in the same situation as yours and I have lived in UK on student visa as the main applicant. Hopefully I should get successful visa for my wife and children.