ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Applications vs. Paper Appplications

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nezinho

Online Applications vs. Paper Appplications

Post by nezinho » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Hey people,

I have searched all over the web as to the benefits of online visa applications. Apart from the e-appointments, online payment and the step-by-step guide through the app process what are the benefits of this application method?

I did notice that once the online form is completed and printed there is a barcode at the end of the form. Does that mean once submitted an applicant can track his progress in more depth on the visa4uk.fco.gov.uk website than on the rubbish VFS "track application" system?

I would like to know in case I need to apply from my home country again. I recently made a paper PSW application from home and two months in am still waiting for a decision.

Nezinho

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:54 pm

There's no difference between the two. Best to do the paper version because it is easier to check and recheck as many times as you want without the need of the computer machine. thanks.