ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application invalid due to incorrect form

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandysin
Newly Registered

PSW application invalid due to incorrect form

Post by sandysin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:58 pm

I have made the Post Study work application 4 days before my visa expires. After about 2 weeks, Home office sent me back my application stating that is is invalid as I used the incorrect form (old version) therefore I need to make another application with the correct form and supporting documents.
My visa has expired. Some people are saying I need to make a fresh application from my country now and others are saying I need to send the fresh application within 10 days i.e asap.

My graduation is just 7 weeks away. Do I have to go back to my country to apply or can I send the application here itself?

Thank you.

lostintime
Newly Registered

Same problem here as well

Post by lostintime » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:18 pm

I have exactly the same issue. And now they have returned my application saying that I've used the outdated application form. It took them well over a month to tell me that as well. anyway my visa is expired and i am not sure what I need to do now. If I were to go along with the letter thay have sent along with the returned application, I am supposed to reapply as soon as possible. But the letter seems to be generic and I ain't sure it takes into account that my visa is actually expired now. If you've got answer already, i'd appreciate if you'd share it here please

aaeran

Post by aaeran » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:44 am

Hi,

Did you get answer to your query?

I am facing the same problem and resubmitted my application yesterday using the correct form.

Regards,

A.

lostintime
Newly Registered

thanx

Post by lostintime » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 am

Yes, some wise folk on this website suggested I re-apply at the first instance which I did ( applied on 14/01/10). I included a covering letter outlining my situation along with the copy of the letter received from them. I also included the printout from royal mail to confirm the delivery dates of my returned application.And lo and behold, I received my psw yday..and everything looks fine. Oh well, I am now worried about my assessment centre with accenture..gosh...when will this worry thing leave me alone...hehe..Thank you all of you n take care